That guy's insane..

scrappy
SGT Premium Supporter
City: spokane
Favorite Firearm: 1911-a1
Next Firearm: 6mm Rem

Re: Jerry Miculek Pops Balloon at 1,000 Yards with 9mm Revolver

Post by scrappy » Tue Aug 05, 2014 3:47 pm

Anyone who can empty a revolver, reload and then empty it again in 2.99 seconds has to be insane. Normal people just cant do that kind of thing....lol.
Bob Munden did that once, off hand, with a Freedom Arms 22LR mini revolver. Cant recall if the range was 200 or 400yds.
Profanity is the crutch of the illiterate mind.

It is good to live in a depraved time, as one can appear virtuous at little cost.

Just remember......Theres no need to fear....Unnnderdog is here!!! Well, scrappy anyway.....

ron
SGT Premium Supporter
City: Cheney
State: WA
Favorite Firearm: G20SF
Next Firearm: Flintlock Rifle

Post by ron » Tue Aug 05, 2014 8:34 pm

'
'
'
Government is not reason, it is not eloquence — it is force. Like fire it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master; never for a moment should it be left to irresponsible action.

scrappy
SGT Premium Supporter

Post by scrappy » Wed Aug 06, 2014 9:15 am

Did some quick checking on the Bob Munden shot. It was 200yds and do ne with a Freedom Arms 22 belt buckle revolver wigth a 1" barrel. The claim was that he hit on his second shot.
I got to see Munden and I would love to see Miculek in real life. What a treat that would be

It is good to live in a depraved time, as one can appear virtuous at little cost.

Just remember......Theres no need to fear....Unnnderdog is here!!! Well, scrappy anyway.....

roger
SGT Premium Supporter
City: Spokane
Favorite Firearm: I like them all
Next Firearm: S&W 686

Post by roger » Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:01 am

scrappy wrote:Did some quick checking on the Bob Munden shot. It was 200yds and do ne with a Freedom Arms 22 belt buckle revolver wigth a 1" barrel. The claim was that he hit on his second shot.
I got to see Munden and I would love to see Miculek in real life. What a treat that would be
I got to meet Munden once as well, watching him shoot was pretty amazing but then he would talk and kinda ruin it. The thing that I didn't like about Munden was his arrogance, I couldn't even count how many times he said "I bet you didn't think I could do that did ya" or "I bet you don't believe me do ya". Miculek seems more modest and like someone that would be more fun to shoot with. Of course I haven't met him in person either so I could be wrong.

ron
SGT Premium Supporter
City: Cheney
Favorite Firearm: G20SF
Next Firearm: Flintlock Rifle

Post by ron » Fri Aug 15, 2014 11:26 am

roger wrote:
scrappy wrote:Did some quick checking on the Bob Munden shot. It was 200yds and do ne with a Freedom Arms 22 belt buckle revolver wigth a 1" barrel. The claim was that he hit on his second shot.
I got to meet Munden once as well, watching him shoot was pretty amazing but then he would talk and kinda ruin it. The thing that I didn't like about Munden was his arrogance, I couldn't even count how many times he said "I bet you didn't think I could do that did ya" or "I bet you don't believe me do ya". Miculek seems more modest and like someone that would be more fun to shoot with. Of course I haven't met him in person either so I could be wrong.

I've seen Bob Munden shoot and I spent a little time talking to him. As far As the, "I bet you didn't think I could do that did ya" or "I bet you don't believe me do ya" comments, that's just part of the routine he's developed from doing these exhibitions over and over again. I mean what SHOULD he say after doing something like firing six shots and hitting six targets so fast that all that could be heard was one shot? I suppose he could have said, "I hope you liked that"
but what's wrong with something like "I bet you don't believe what you just saw, when that's exactly what's going through everyone's minds?

I've also seen Bill Jordan shoot and his comments were very similar. Bill Jordan was a former combat marine and border patrol agent and his weapon of choice was a model 19 357 magnum which he helped to design. He was 6'6, tall and thin but could move like lightening even into his 50's.

And talking to Munden, he was very down-to-earth and an exceptionally nice guy with no kind of "attitude" or ego whatsoever. He had some guns for sale that he had modified and he let me handle them and we talked about the defferent guns and modifications he'd made and about ammo and reloading and I enjoyed talking to him.

And the fact that anyone could come up and talk to him before the show, to me is pretty good evidence that the guy didn't think that he was a big shot and too good to talk to anybody.
Government is not reason, it is not eloquence — it is force. Like fire it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master; never for a moment should it be left to irresponsible action.

scrappy
SGT Premium Supporter

Post by scrappy » Fri Aug 22, 2014 1:10 pm

ron wrote:'
'
'
AMEN!!! BTW, at the end of that vid did anyone take a good look at his loading bench??? He has more components stacked up there that Ive loaded in 10 years!! LOL!