Hk p30sk

Discuss all things Handguns...
HH375HH
City: Spokane, Wa
Favorite Firearm: All
Next Firearm: Any

Hk p30sk

Post by HH375HH » Sat May 07, 2016 5:33 pm

I recently picked up a p30sk and just wanted to share my experience with it. This gun feels like hk took a mold of my hand when creating this pistol! It is the #1 most comfortable handgun I own. The ambidextrous controls are very nice and easy to operate. The safety is large and easily manipulated yet not so easy to move that it would easily disengage if bumped or snagged. The night sights are the brightest of any gun I have owned yet and need very little light to start glowing. The accuracy is phenomenal and recoil is very tame with the little extra weight over similar sized handguns. The paddle style mag release is different and takes a little getting used to but functions great when you get the feel of it. i feel the trigger could use something though. It has a very crisp clean and smooth break with a decent reset although the pre travel could be attended to. All in all this is now one of my favorite new carry guns and I don't think will ever be parted with. If your looking for a good subcompact carry gun I would strongly recommend checking one out. Thanks for reading and be safe!

upnorth
Gun Trader
City: COLVILLE
State: WA
Favorite Firearm: Love them all same
Next Firearm: Hk p7

Re: Hk p30sk

Post by upnorth » Mon May 09, 2016 8:44 pm

Agreed. Now if I can find a p7.

HH375HH
City: Spokane, Wa
Favorite Firearm: All
Next Firearm: Any

Post by HH375HH » Mon May 09, 2016 10:58 pm

This is my first hk but I am in love with it and highly doubt it will be my last. I really like my Springfield xd but being full size it's a little big for carry and I love my sig p938 and it is still my main carry because of its small size but there is just something about the way the hk fits my hand and shoots that makes it one of my favorites. I have a desantis mini scabbard to carry it in for now and it actually disappears pretty easily under light clothing. I think I'm going to pick up alien gear iwb holsters for both though.

Dirknar
City: Spokane
Favorite Firearm: 1911
Next Firearm: latest and greatest

Post by Dirknar » Wed Dec 07, 2016 8:32 pm

This seems like such a great pistol. I almost bought one last year, agonized for weeks about it, but ended up with a Vp9. Had i found a p30skLem, i probably would have bought it. I knew the vp was too big to carry, but primary focus at that time was a full time HD pistol with a light and a range training pistol. Absolutely love the vp9..

Then recently needed a carry pistol and ended up with a G43, which is also REALLY good..

But I always handle a p30sk when in the shops. Just need to think of a good reason and save some money and I'll have one too!

djw900
Favorite Firearm: H&K VP9
Next Firearm: 308

Post by djw900 » Wed Dec 07, 2016 9:55 pm

I picked up a HK VP9 last month, Its basically the same size as my Glock 19. The VP9 is the most comfortable handgun I have ever carried. I still love my Glock 19 and carry it sometimes, but now it spends most of the time in the safe. I just picked up a HK P30L.40, the Glock will see even less sunlight now.

Dirknar
Favorite Firearm: 1911
Next Firearm: latest and greatest

Post by Dirknar » Thu Dec 08, 2016 7:25 am

Let's see that p30sk!