Discuss all things Handguns...
John E Davies
SGT Premium Supporter
City: Spokane
State: WA
Favorite Firearm: All of them

Re: Ruger LCP II in stores yet?

Post by John E Davies » Thu Oct 20, 2016 2:11 pm

I shot my new LCP II today for the first time. I put about 60 rounds through it, a mix of leftover JHP and and White Box FMJ.

I had some first round feed issues with the stout Corbon DPX JHP, but that is not unusual because it has a gaping hole compared to other bullets. If I let the slide slam home the way you are supposed to, they worked mostly OK. I had one failure to chamber and I had to smack the slide.

My normal carry ammo is Hornady Critical Defense and that, as usual, was 100% flawless.

I tried a couple of mags of the new ARX ammo and that too was fine. I think I will pick up some more to run for reliability, but judging by the shape of the bullet nose it should have no problems.

The gun is snappy as hell, but not so bad as my old Kel-Tec with the flush mag. The extended finger rest on the new gun helps keep it in control (plus that makes it easier to unholster from my pocket holster). It seems to shoot softer, but it DID put a small blood blister on the bottom of my trigger finger. ;(

I let the range guy at Sharp Shooting range fire a few shots and he laid them pretty much one on top of the other at 7 yards. .... My old eyes can't see the sights that well and my groups were much bigger, but the gun is definitely accurate, and seems easier to shoot for me than the old P3-AT.

I carry it in the same Desantis pocket holster that I used for the old pistol. It is noticeable thicker at the butt, which makes it more comfy to shoot, but it does feel a little fatter in the pocket. But it is not a big deal.

I am happy. As I said before, they are going to sell a boatload of these guns. Just don't make the mistake of buying this for somebody as a first gun.

John Davies
Spokane