ron
SGT Premium Supporter
City: Cheney
State: WA
Favorite Firearm: G20SF
Next Firearm: Flintlock Rifle

Ruger Introduces One-Button Takedown Mark IV Pistol

Post by ron » Thu Dec 15, 2016 2:32 pm

Has anyone seen one of these yet? It looks like it has a different Ambi Thumb safety. I never liked the Mk III's. I have a mark II with the long bull barrel. I'd like to see them make these new guns with the 6.5 in tapered barrel.

Ruger Introduces One-Button Takedown Mark IV Pistol

by American Rifleman Staff - Thursday, September 22, 2016

Sturm, Ruger & Co., Inc. has announced the highly anticipated, heavily redesigned Ruger Mark IV pistol. While the pistol maintains the same classic outward appearance as the Mark III, its simple, one-button takedown for quick and easy field-stripping will be a welcome and appreciated change for fans of this model. A recessed button in the back of the frame allows the upper receiver to tilt up and off of the grip frame without the use of tools. The bolt simply slides out of the receiver and the barrel can be properly cleaned from chamber to muzzle.

“We are thrilled to be introducing what we consider to be a monumental improvement to this iconic pistol that has been with Ruger from the start,” said Ruger President and COO Chris Killoy. “This one-button takedown alleviates the headache that our Mark III owners are all too familiar with and we anticipate the Mark IV pistols being some of the cleanest rimfires at the range,” Killoy concluded.

Other significant improvements include a one-piece grip frame that is precision CNC-machined from a solid piece of stainless steel or aluminum; an ambidextrous manual safety and a redesigned bolt stop for more ergonomic operation. The magazine drops free on release for faster reloads and a redesigned magazine disconnect safety prevents discharge when the magazine has been removed. Internal improvements include changes to the hammer, sear, bolt and firing pin for smoother, more reliable feeding.

Specific features vary by model, but the legendary, one-piece barreled receiver and internal cylindrical bolt construction remain the same. The robust design ensures permanent sight-to-barrel alignment and higher accuracy potential than conventional moving-slide designs. The Mark IV is compatible with a variety of Mark III aftermarket accessories including sights, scope bases and magazines.

Ruger has long set the standard for reliable, affordable and accurate .22 LR handguns, beginning with the introduction of the Standard Pistol in 1949. Since then, the Standard Pistol has undergone a series of enhancements with the development of the Mark I, Mark II and then the Mark III in 2005.

The American-made Mark IV

https://www.americanrifleman.org/articl ... iv-pistol/
Government is not reason, it is not eloquence — it is force. Like fire it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master; never for a moment should it be left to irresponsible action.

Call Turner
SGT Premium Supporter
City: Nine Mile Falls
Favorite Firearm: All of them!!
Next Firearm: Browning Hells Canyo

Re: Ruger Introduces One-Button Takedown Mark IV Pistol

Post by Call Turner » Thu Dec 15, 2016 4:34 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MqbiyPMA7CE Was posted under rimfire earlier.
" Having you around is like losing 2 good men."

Roland the Headless
Gun Trader
City: Spokane
State: Wa
Favorite Firearm: single 7/ henry .327
Next Firearm: none no more

Post by Roland the Headless » Thu Dec 15, 2016 6:19 pm

I was hoping when this gun came out the mk 2s would go down in price ...not so far
paddle or pan see ya on the creek
.22 Henry .22 Wrangler .22 mkII
.357 Taurus old style m66 4in
.327 Taurus m 327 2in .327 Henry .327 Single 7
.38 spl S&W 642 CCW

hatchdog
Classifieds Moderator
City: Deer Park
Favorite Firearm: S&W 4506
Next Firearm: 30-30 Henry
SGT Supporter: Yes

Post by hatchdog » Fri Dec 16, 2016 7:18 am

ron wrote:Has anyone seen one of these yet? It looks like it has a different Ambi Thumb safety. I never liked the Mk III's. I have a mark II with the long bull barrel. I'd like to see them make these new guns with the 6.5 in tapered barrel.

SGT member Frontier Gear had one at the last Spokane gun show. He showed me the takedown and it is amazing.