AFCop
SGT Premium Supporter
City: Inland Northwest
State: Inland Northwest
Favorite Firearm: CZ
Next Firearm: DA/SA

CZ P-07 + Surefire XC-1 = Nice!

Post by AFCop » Tue Mar 07, 2017 6:54 am

I have been searching and researching weapon mounted lights for one of my favorite handguns, the CZ P-07.

I wanted a low profile light that would not extend beyond the front of the frame or add to the width. I also needed one with controls that would not inadvertently activate while in the holster.

I decided on the Surefire XC-1 which fits the P-07 like it was made for it. I am carrying it in a Simply Rugged leather holster that was made for a Beretta PX4 subcompact equipped with a Center Mass laser. It is a good fit which will work fine until I can order another Simply Rugged specific to this setup.

I have read bad reviews for the XC-1 some of which claim the light doesn't sit flush when mounted on polymer framed handguns. I believe this is due to over tightening of the mounting screw. After reading the instructions that recommend using a coin to finger tighten the clamp, the light sits flush and is quite secure. A coin is also recommended for unscrewing the battery compartment which accepts a single AAA battery.

The XC-1 is rated at 200 lumens which is plenty bright for my purposes. It lights up a room, hallway or driveway and the momentary-on switches are easily activated with a slight downward press using either the trigger finger or the thumb of the support hand.

I have not had a chance to shoot the P-07 since mounting the XC-1. I will post an update after I have had a chance to see how it holds up.

Andy