Discuss all things Handguns...
Sandaholic
SGT Premium Supporter
City: Spokane, WA
Favorite Firearm: 22lrAR cause its fun
Next Firearm: P226

FN 5.7 would like to try one.

Post by Sandaholic » Mon May 01, 2017 12:28 pm

Anyone have a 5.7 they would be willing to bring to the range for my fiancee and I to try. I'm looking for a new nightstand pistol for her and this is in the running.

Looking at:

Sig Sauer P226 9mm
CZ SP-01 9mm
FN 5.7

I would buy a few boxes of ammo and donate one to you in thanks for letting us try your pistol........if that would be acceptable. We currently do our shooting at the SRC, but would not balk at taking a jaunt elsewhere to try out the 5.7

Thanks
Roy
It's unfortunate that so many have succumb to the propaganda and new age terrorism. Most of you believed the 2nd amendment gave teeth to our ability to fight for our rights. Now through coercion on a massive scale, you want to restrict our freedoms because of your fear.

Cheers to the Trump years! Here's to hoping justice returns to the land and we get 4 more!

Flawlessfoose
SGT Premium Supporter
City: Spokane Valley
State: Wa
Next Firearm: M134

Re: FN 5.7 would like to try one.

Post by Flawlessfoose » Wed May 03, 2017 6:19 pm

I really don't think the 5.7 is a good HD round.
Outa that list, I would highly recommend the sig p226, with 20rd mec gar mag filled with your favorite ammo.
Personally I'm a fan of the DA/SA trigger system with the decocker.
Put a TLR1 light on it, and feel confident inspired !
And here is another bit of confidence that I have in my p226s I've ever owned, I've never experienced a single malfunction of any kind. I can't say that about one of the famous brands that claim "perfection " but I still love those too.
WARNING... SIGS ARE ADDICTIVE KEEP OUT OF REACH OF ADULTS .

Sandaholic
SGT Premium Supporter

Post by Sandaholic » Wed May 03, 2017 6:31 pm

Thanks for the reply. She just ordered an SAO P226 Legion in 9mm! Should be here Friday 8-)
It's unfortunate that so many have succumb to the propaganda and new age terrorism. Most of you believed the 2nd amendment gave teeth to our ability to fight for our rights. Now through coercion on a massive scale, you want to restrict our freedoms because of your fear.

Cheers to the Trump years! Here's to hoping justice returns to the land and we get 4 more!

Flawlessfoose
SGT Premium Supporter

Post by Flawlessfoose » Thu May 04, 2017 5:27 am

Sandaholic wrote:Thanks for the reply. She just ordered an SAO P226 Legion in 9mm! Should be here Friday 8-)
That is a very nice sig! She has good taste.

casten_nukes
Serious Gun Trader
City: Coeur d alene
State: Idaho
Favorite Firearm: Sig M18
Next Firearm: GLOCK!!!

Post by casten_nukes » Tue May 09, 2017 12:19 pm

Owned 2 5.7's, not as cool as all the hype.

dillonivik
Serious Gun Trader
City: North Spokane
Favorite Firearm: SIG P238

Post by dillonivik » Tue May 23, 2017 11:37 am

Good call on the SIG, my wife and I have 4 in our house and the few times I have had to contact SIG their CS has been good.

Sandaholic
SGT Premium Supporter

Post by Sandaholic » Tue May 23, 2017 3:18 pm

I want one of these for myself now! Love the SAO P226 kinda hoping they come out with that P220 SAO Legion soon.

Flawlessfoose
SGT Premium Supporter

Post by Flawlessfoose » Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:29 pm

Sandaholic wrote:I want one of these for myself now! Love the SAO P226 kinda hoping they come out with that P220 SAO Legion soon.
I believe the p220 legion is out and available in 45acp AND 10MM :D

https://www.sigsauer.com/store/p220-legion.html
But damn are they expensive :shock:

Sandaholic
SGT Premium Supporter

Post by Sandaholic » Mon Oct 16, 2017 4:23 am

I kinda decided that an 8 or 10 round mag wasn't gonna cut it in a full-size pistol. So as nice as they are I think a P220 is off the list for a good long while. I'm gonna stick with HKs and Glocks I think. But for her I don't think she could be convinced to stray from the P226 SAO Legion for anything! She's smitten!

pacnw
Gun Trader
City: North of Spokane, WA
Favorite Firearm: one that goes bang!!

Post by pacnw » Mon Oct 16, 2017 5:39 pm

Sandaholic wrote:I kinda decided that an 8 or 10 round mag wasn't gonna cut it in a full-size pistol.!
FNX-45 tactical
Laser/light combo
suppressor
2 extra mags

46 rounds of 45ACP at your bedside

The 5.7 would only be my choice if I did the P90 as well.

Flawlessfoose
SGT Premium Supporter

Post by Flawlessfoose » Mon Oct 16, 2017 5:42 pm

Sandaholic wrote:I kinda decided that an 8 or 10 round mag wasn't gonna cut it in a full-size pistol. So as nice as they are I think a P220 is off the list for a good long while. I'm gonna stick with HKs and Glocks I think. But for her I don't think she could be convinced to stray from the P226 SAO Legion for anything! She's smitten!
If you don't think the p220 is enough capacity, then take a look at the p227. My brother has one, and it's freaking sweet

Sandaholic
SGT Premium Supporter

Post by Sandaholic » Fri Oct 27, 2017 7:39 pm

Flawlessfoose wrote:
Sandaholic wrote:I kinda decided that an 8 or 10 round mag wasn't gonna cut it in a full-size pistol. So as nice as they are I think a P220 is off the list for a good long while. I'm gonna stick with HKs and Glocks I think. But for her I don't think she could be convinced to stray from the P226 SAO Legion for anything! She's smitten!
If you don't think the p220 is enough capacity, then take a look at the p227. My brother has one, and it's freaking sweet
G21 just can't be beat in the state my finances are in currently.

Flawlessfoose
SGT Premium Supporter

Post by Flawlessfoose » Sat Oct 28, 2017 2:59 pm

Sandaholic wrote:
Flawlessfoose wrote:
G21 just can't be beat in the state my finances are in currently.
Oh, yes that does make a huge difference. For the price, the G21 is tuff to beat.