Discuss all things Handguns...
Sandaholic
SGT Premium Supporter
City: Spokane, WA
Favorite Firearm: 22lrAR cause its fun
Next Firearm: P226

Women like guns too!

Post by Sandaholic » Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:45 pm

No you dirty minded neanderthals there aren't any pics of scantily clad gals shooting in here! I didn't know what to call the thread and I was hoping it would get some attention.

The question I would really like answered is does anyone have a wife or lady friend that is a very competent shooter that wouldn't mind putting a few rounds downrange with my fiancee? We currently try to go to Spokane Rifle Club every week or at least every other week. She starts out with her Ruger Mark IV and puts a 100 or so rounds through it and then moves on to her 9mm P226. She has not been shooting long. She has had an HK VP9 for a few years but she hasn't really gotten into learning to shoot until this year. All of her "training" has come from me and she has been steadily getting better although recently she may have hit a plateau. I would say she is excellent as far as firearms safety goes.

Treat all guns as if they are loaded
Do not point them at anything you are not willing to destroy, keep muzzles pointed downrange
Finger off the trigger until you are ready to fire
Know your target and what is beyond it

She has gone to one Well Armed Woman meeting. She has meant to go to more but we always seem to be busy or she is working the night they meet. She is far from what I would call a social butterfly. She is mostly quiet and does not put herself out there much. I see on the SRC Indoor Calendar there is a Women's Division Shooting event going on next Friday evening. I was going to ask her to attend it so she can see what it's about. I'm a bit worried she may just hang back and not engage any of the other gals. From what I've observed it is not easy for women to find other women who are into firearms. None of her long time friends are into them.

I'm not currently looking for training for her per se, but a shooting......mentor who is not me might be a good thing. Also I think talking guns with another woman may be less intimidating for her. I do want to send her to a real training/self defense handgun course soon. But that may be a ways out. I just would really like a woman to hang with her see what she thinks of how my gal shoots and give any pointers or criticisms. I'm not trying to be a cheapskate here, but I'd rather not be paying someone just to work on fundamentals.

If you have a lady in mind and she is a member at the Spokane Rifle Club I'd love to hear from you!
It's unfortunate that so many have succumb to the propaganda and new age terrorism. Most of you believed the 2nd amendment gave teeth to our ability to fight for our rights. Now through coercion on a massive scale, you want to restrict our freedoms because of your fear.

Cheers to the Trump years! Here's to hoping justice returns to the land and we get 4 more!

edzz
SGT Premium Supporter
City: Hayden
State: ID
Favorite Firearm: M-14
Next Firearm: TBD
SGT Supporter: Yes

Re: Women like guns too!

Post by edzz » Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:42 pm

Ed

The Few
The Proud

Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscript catapultas habebunt.

Sandaholic
SGT Premium Supporter

Post by Sandaholic » Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:48 pm

Thank you for the suggestion! I think however she will balk at driving over to Post Falls.
It's unfortunate that so many have succumb to the propaganda and new age terrorism. Most of you believed the 2nd amendment gave teeth to our ability to fight for our rights. Now through coercion on a massive scale, you want to restrict our freedoms because of your fear.

Cheers to the Trump years! Here's to hoping justice returns to the land and we get 4 more!

ghillieinthemist
SGT Premium Supporter
City: Post Falls, ID
Favorite Firearm: R25 in .243
Next Firearm: ???????

Post by ghillieinthemist » Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:18 pm

:shock: ....I clicked for pics. You suck. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Do or do not there is no try.

Sandaholic
SGT Premium Supporter

Post by Sandaholic » Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:59 pm

ghillieinthemist wrote::shock: ....I clicked for pics. You suck. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Apologies. I knew some would fall prey to such.......I couldn't help it :P