More Stolen Guns

General non-specific firearm talk...
twinners
Rookie Member
City: Spokane
Favorite Firearm: XDM 9mm

More Stolen Guns

Post by twinners » Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:32 am

I was just looking at the KHQ website and there was a story about a woman in Post Falls who had more than 200 guns stolen including a Springfield field grade M1. Lets all be diligent and keep eyes and ears open. Some posters there were already suggesting she sold them and is trying to collect insurance money. Others felt she should get in trouble just for owning that many guns. Bunch of horse pooey.

Bob R
Senior Accomplished Gun Trader
City: PAHRUMP
State: NV
Favorite Firearm: So many guns
Next Firearm: So little time
SGT Supporter: Yes

Re: More Stolen Guns

Post by Bob R » Wed Aug 18, 2010 2:37 am

These guns were stolen a year ago and they just now found a list with 15 of the serial numbers. I don't know but I for one keep a photo record with serial numbers of all of my guns on a CD and a copy of that CD with a friend.

If anyone here would like to make arrangements I would be willing to photo your guns for you and we can load the photos to your computer and you can do what you want with them.

I edit them to place the ser number with the gun.

I don't go for beauty shots for these, just a basic pic for record purposes.

bob
No, you can't have my rights. I am still using them!

hags
Apprentice Gun Trader
Favorite Firearm: XDm 9

Post by hags » Wed Aug 18, 2010 5:11 am

I keep a photo of each gun and all serial numbers, photos of house and garage belongings as well, on a thumb drive in our safe deposit box.
‘‘Life is tough. Its tougher if your stupid."
— John Wayne

twinners
Rookie Member
Favorite Firearm: XDM 9mm

Post by twinners » Wed Aug 18, 2010 7:50 am

The web page says the robbery was reported Friday and it was posted on their site Tuesday 8-17.

NOIDCO
SGT Premium Supporter
City: Cocolalla
State: ID

Post by NOIDCO » Wed Aug 18, 2010 6:42 pm

50000$ m1 field grade? wow

jeffco
Rookie Member
Favorite Firearm: looking to buy

Post by jeffco » Wed Aug 18, 2010 7:12 pm

I saw this on the news recently and they stated that initially she reported 40 guns stolen but now it may be as high as 200.

I have not yet purchased my first gun but to me its going to be like my car, my baby... I guess if I had over 200 cars, I might not notice losing 40 of them. But how many guns would you have to have before you would not notice losing 200 of them?

Did the lady have a bunker under her house or something???

Sorry if I am sounding a-holish. Just seems really odd.

isp541

Post by isp541 » Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:04 pm

It happened almost a full year ago. If you believe the news media, I have a gun that always shoots dead center of your intended target no matter what direction it is pointed in, your trigger squeeze, grip, or sight picture for sale. It is very expensive but very worth it. After being overseas and dealing with the media locally they report what people will tune in to see not what is neccessarily accurate.

Masonryman
Senior Pro Gun Trader
City: Benewah Valley
State: ID
Favorite Firearm: FiveseveN

Post by Masonryman » Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:08 pm

isp541 wrote: I have a gun that always shoots dead center of your intended target no matter what direction it is pointed in, your trigger squeeze, grip, or sight picture for sale. It is very expensive but very worth it.
I'll take it, pm sent.
You can ignore reality... but you cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality.