Discuss local ranges...
kenai2010
Rookie Member
City: spokane valley
Favorite Firearm: m4
Next Firearm: mosin nagant

Koth road shooting range closed

Post by kenai2010 » Thu Jul 18, 2013 7:01 pm

Hey I haven't been in here in awhile so please excuse me If this has been discussed. I have been enjoying the Koth road shooting area on DNR land (in between Newman & Hauser lake) for the last year. I have had several run ins with home owners in the area, telling me about the problems with recreational shooters they've experienced. I also had several lying to me about the regulations and rules for that particular area. I was notified by one angry home owner that there was a no shooting rule in effect because of a high fire danger. I politely spoke with him and agreed to leave.I then called one of the DNR guys and he told me this was not true. So this week I was approached by a lady in a car who said there was no shooting signs being posted by county guys just down the road. I again, thought I was just being harrassed, and said I would just wait and see. Sure enough a county truck came up and posted shooting prohibited signs.

I am so disappointed in the reckless actions of those individuals responsible. This is why those of us who are responsible need to call people out for being ass hats. I would like to say thanks to all the tools who packed tanerite into trees and shot them, didn't check their backstops and shot peoples homes and property, brought up t.v.s (one of which I hauled out) and shot, left trash, and were completely helplessly ignorant. Way to go. Now there is one less place to legally shoot. Not to mention the bad rap it gives us gun owners during the biggest gun grabbing year since 1994. Just because you own a gun doesn't mean you have to be a douche. Man up. If the shoe fits wear it. If not maybe we can stop the next range from being closed down.
"A sword never kills anybody; it is a tool in the killer's hand."