Church safety teams

Discuss self defense and carry / EDC / tactics ...
Blassted
SGT Premium Supporter
City: Elk, Wa
Favorite Firearm: M&P
Next Firearm: 30-30 Lever Action

Church safety teams

Post by Blassted » Sun Jun 26, 2016 5:11 pm

Those who know me know I am pretty active in church safety and training. Looking to connect with other safety team members of local churches to build a network of sharing Intel/concerns and training/learning opportunities. I would prefer PM's to make initial contacts and then we can exchange information if needed. Thanks
I follow Christ. It doesn't mean I'm right. I do my best to live in peace with my fellow brothers. Do not confuse my kindness as a weakness. I will fight for what I believe to be right and the freedom to worship God.

Rover31
City: Cashmere
State: WA
Favorite Firearm: The One I am Shootin
Next Firearm: ???

Re: Church safety teams

Post by Rover31 » Fri Sep 16, 2016 5:08 pm

Went to a Sheepdog seminar few weeks ago, was pretty good. The biggest issue I see is child care/youth issues.

Firearms Lawyer
Rookie Member
City: Liberty Lake
Favorite Firearm: 1911
Next Firearm: .308

Post by Firearms Lawyer » Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:14 pm

We invite everyone to come and hear Bob Smith and Mark Knapp speak on Friday, Dec 1st at CABELA's at 6:00 PM. The social hour is at 5:00 PM. The restaurant normally closes at 6:00 PM but might remain open later during the holidays.

The subject of our ATG meeting next Friday will be Washington firearms law and use of force in general. I have been talking to Idaho Attorney Jeremy Morris about presenting Idaho laws at an upcoming meeting and am inviting him to attend on December 1st.

David Howlett will also be giving us a preview of what to expect during the REALITY-BASED force-on-force drills he has prepared for presentation at an upcoming event. One of our goals for the ATG is just to identify people with expertise that armed citizens need along with church safety resources. We are also promoting the exchange of such information and bringing folks together to encourage more cost-effective training and educational opportunities for churches and armed citizens in general.

We will be presenting indoor live-fire Action Shoots on a Sunday evening, once a month starting in January. Please forward this message to others who might be interested in the ATG or the newsletters. Hope to see everyone one week from tomorrow on Friday, December 1st. Anyone interested can call me or send an email to discuss any questions or ideas related to ATG, Inc., armed defense or church safety.

See http://www.actiontraininggroup.org
TacRifle206194_10150967643564631_314531341_n.jpg
David Howlett from U.S. Tactical Rifle Association.

Blassted
SGT Premium Supporter
City: Elk, Wa
Favorite Firearm: M&P
Next Firearm: 30-30 Lever Action

Post by Blassted » Sun Dec 03, 2017 2:09 pm

The following article printed by permission from carlchinn.com. Go to the Think about It section. Posted 12/3

This is the reason to get something locally going. I didn't post the link because it changes every week as they update the blog.

Threat intelligence

In 2008, right after the attack at New Life, the Colorado Springs Police Department invited me to a meeting of a little-known group of area retail loss-prevention professionals. We had just begun blazing a trail of working with other faiths and law-enforcement in our area, and the police felt there was more we could do in the arena of sharing information. They wanted me to see a model of how retail professionals were working with law-enforcement to reduce shoplifting and other retail crimes in the area.

In this conference room at a police precinct building I was the new guy and stranger in a room filled with police officers and loss-prevention professionals from all the major box stores one would recognize. Here in the same room sat men and women from competing retailers, all sharing information on the same shoplifters. The vertical markets represented around the table were discount department stores, pharmacy chains and retail home-improvement stores.

One of the folks (as I recall he was from WalMart) pulled out a picture of a woman and handed it around the table, saying she was out of jail. One of the others asked how she operated. Someone else at the table told how she would find receipts blowing in the parking lot (or in trash cans outside the store). She would go through them looking for cash sales of high value, easy to lift items. She would then go into the store and steal those items, come back later with the stolen item and the receipt, and get her money back. She would do this at K-Mart, Wal-Mart, Sears, Lowes, Home Depot, etc.

Ah…, they’d all seen this type of shoplifting before and now had a face to put with at least one of those known to operate that way.

One of the other members distributed a picture taken from their surveillance cameras of a young couple. He warned everyone that this young couple would fight and cause a scene if they were stopped for shoplifting. One of the police officers present recognized them and let everyone know they did have outstanding warrants. This one would be easy; “if you see them come into your store call CSPD with this case number…”

I clearly saw what the police officer was wanting to show me. The same clown who steals from the mailbox of the First Baptist Church, has reached into the mailbox of the Sacred Heart Catholic Parish and the LDS Church. The same pedophile who came too close to getting caught at the Presbyterian Church just moved across town to the Methodist.

David Twitty and his son Travis traveled throughout 3 states in the southeast U. S. visiting multiple churches in a scam that lasted 12 years. They would often enter small churches during the sermon and get permission to speak to the congregation.

David would claim to be a pastor from “Mt. Sinai Church in Knoxville, TN” and was well-versed in scripture. They would gain a church's confidence, and then exploit that confidence as they concocted a hard luck story such as a sick or dying relative. Then the money would roll in to them. They were eventually arrested in March of 2009 in Alamance County, NC.

Did you see that they did this for 12 years? This is only possible because churches are not sharing information.

Just last week in Seaford Delaware, 7 men and women (ranging in age from 22 to 51) were arrested for a church mailbox theft operation that spanned at least three states and three months. They were helping themselves to church mailboxes, finding checks and donations and depositing them into various accounts owned by the ring.

Think About it…

One thing I observed about the retailers was that nobody from WalMart was trying to covert anyone from Sears. Nobody from Home Depot was criticizing the quality of Lowe’s products and operations. They all shared a common goal of making life tough for criminals.

Our small coalition in Colorado Springs is now over 100 members. We have participation of federal and local law-enforcement. We have representatives from evangelical, traditional, non-denominational, Baptist, Methodist, Mormon, Catholic, Islamic and Jewish organizations. The threat intelligence shared is just one of the many successes. Nobody is trying to win over anyone else to their theology. But we’ve had some successful arrests.

The national Faith-Based Security Network (FBSN) will use the models of threat intelligence developed in the Colorado Springs area (inspired from the models of others before).

Threat intelligence is hard work and can be risky business. There is no “easy button.” However, there are ways to do it right to benefit both law-enforcement and faith based participants. Done well, it is our communities who benefit.

Hundreds of you have now responded to the church security survey. That survey is the first step towards the big launch of the FBSN. The next step will be a webinar being developed and scheduled based on feedback from the survey. Threat Intelligence is just one of the five strengths of the FBSN that will be introduced in that webinar.
I follow Christ. It doesn't mean I'm right. I do my best to live in peace with my fellow brothers. Do not confuse my kindness as a weakness. I will fight for what I believe to be right and the freedom to worship God.

30calholemaker
SGT Premium Supporter
City: Spirit Lake
State: ID
Favorite Firearm: Sig 1911 Operator

Post by 30calholemaker » Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:28 pm

You might contact your local LE and inquire about ALERRT instructors. There is a civilian course attached to this training. It is a federal sponsored active shooter training. I attended thru my department. Really good stuff.
Victory favors neither the Righteous nor the Wicked; It favors the prepared.
The problem with today's society, is we no longer drink from the skulls of our enemies

Firearms Lawyer
Rookie Member
City: Liberty Lake
Favorite Firearm: 1911
Next Firearm: .308

Action Training Group next Friday

Post by Firearms Lawyer » Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:38 pm

ATG meets at Cabela's this Friday, December 22 at 6 PM · Cabela's · Post Falls.

We will cover rules for Use of Force & firearms law. Social Hour starts at 5:00 PM; meeting is over at 8:30 PM. Public cordially invited.

Come see what the ATG is all about! Donations & new members welcome. Do some last minute Christmas shopping.

Cabela’s Deli has great food and will be open until 7:00 PM.

www,actiontraininggroup.org

F350Crew
SGT Premium Supporter
City: Post Falls IDAHO!!
Favorite Firearm: 6.5 GAP/1911
Next Firearm: Lever 44 Mag

Post by F350Crew » Tue Dec 19, 2017 5:05 pm

pm sent :{)
"Integrity & Honor"