Pacific5th
Serious Gun Trader
City: Cheney
State: WA
Favorite Firearm: Depends...
Next Firearm: To many.

PSA 20" CHF kit

Post by Pacific5th » Sat Sep 23, 2017 6:07 pm

My buddy has one he's looking to unload. Everything but a lower. I have that. Is this pretty close to the A2/A4 I carried in the Marines? I am not looking for a perfect match. The reviews seem good, anyone have a personal experience with any of there stuff? I will probably put a carry handle on it.

Torakan
SGT Premium Supporter
City: CDA
State: ID
Favorite Firearm: AAC MPW
Next Firearm: Uzi/MP5/Mac-10

Re: PSA 20" CHF kit

Post by Torakan » Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:06 am

It would be a close match to a M16A4 without the KAC rifle length railed handguard. Not sure if the USMC fielded those with railed handguards like we did in the Army. PSA is budget level stuff but serviceable. I think those kits were selling around $350 before they stopped stocking them.
Iraq Combat Veteran
Infantry Master Gunner
US Army Retired

Pacific5th
Serious Gun Trader

Post by Pacific5th » Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:55 pm

We had the railed A4's, in fact I was in one of the first units to get them in 2004. I saw what my buddy has to offer today. Its a nice kit but the handgaurds had a gap in them and it bugged me, other then that if he offers it to me I will take it. Like I said it will kind of be a hybrid A2/A4 for me since I was issued both.

Nutntoit
Global Moderator
City: Valleyford
Favorite Firearm: Glock 19
Next Firearm: ??
SGT Supporter: Yes

Post by Nutntoit » Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:31 am

The PSA CHF barrels are very nice. They are made by FN and you definitely get your money's worth. The barrels are made in the same place that they make the M240B barrels. If your buddy is offering it to you at a good price go for it. Should make a nice clone rifle.

Pacific5th
Serious Gun Trader

Post by Pacific5th » Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:15 pm

Deal with buddy fell through, but I found the PSA Freedom 20" upper and a lower parts kit with enhanced trigger and A2 stock for $400. depending on the lower I get I will be out the door for under $500. Now do I want a carry handle, optic or red dot...