Yellowsevenpot
City: Spokane
State: Washington
Favorite Firearm: Ruger Blackhawk
Next Firearm: 1911

NICS DELAY...

Post by Yellowsevenpot » Fri Nov 03, 2017 7:07 am

Good Morning All,

Throughout the last ten years, at times I get delayed by the NICS. However, I am now delayed everytime, these delays are not switching to proceed, and local retailers by poilicy are starting to refuse transfer to me without a proceed from NICS.

I am of the understanding that the FBI is still not processing appeals and issuing personal identification numbers.

Any advice?

Roland the Headless
Gun Trader
State: Wa
Favorite Firearm: single 7/ henry .327
Next Firearm: none no more

Re: NICS DELAY...

Post by Roland the Headless » Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:40 am

know the laws

If you do not have a current WASHINGTON Concealed Carry Permit, your application will be sent to your local law enforcement office for approval. They have up to 10 business days to return a decision. After 10 days, we are able to deliver the firearm at OUR discretion.

I got this from https://sporting-systems.com/faq/waitin ... ton-state/

this is what most places use but I waited over 15 days for a m 327 Taurus from the bullet hole in the valley

I guess my advice is ...Be patient and if they still wont deliver your gun be nice but firm and show them the law
Do not take your money back

good shooten pal
paddle or pan see ya on the creek
.22 Henry .22 Wrangler .22 mkII
.357 Taurus old style m66 4in
.327 Taurus m 327 2in .327 Henry .327 Single 7
.38 spl S&W 642 CCW

Yellowsevenpot

Post by Yellowsevenpot » Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:02 am

I have my ccw.

My problem is coming from long delay times in the NICS and store policy. For instance sportsman warehouse will not transfer a firearm unless they get a proceed, and will leave the transaction open for the 88 days in NICS. North 40 will delete the transfer after 30 days and make you start over.

I have encountered this at other retailers in our area as well. Basically I am unable to purchase firearms due to the wait times.

I have encountered thus for a shotgun, two handguns, and a rifle.

bladebum
Retired Global Moderator, SGT Administrator and Founding member
State: WA
Favorite Firearm: Glock 41
SGT Supporter: Yes

Post by bladebum » Fri Nov 03, 2017 12:44 pm

I buy / transfer long guns in Idaho... No problems. ;)
Fate whispers to the warrior, "You cannot withstand the storm" The warrior whispers back, "I am the storm"
"I am a sheepdog, I live to protect the flock and confront the wolf" Lt. Col. Dave Grossman
"Life is Short, Don't Waste It"

Robley

Post by Robley » Fri Nov 03, 2017 3:19 pm

Fill in the "optional" social security number portion. It helps identify you.

Flawlessfoose
SGT Premium Supporter
City: Spokane Valley
State: Wa
Next Firearm: M134

Post by Flawlessfoose » Fri Nov 03, 2017 5:43 pm

Do you have anything on your record that might raise a red flag that they have to investigate before letting you proceed?
Have you ever been arrested for anything?
WARNING... SIGS ARE ADDICTIVE KEEP OUT OF REACH OF ADULTS .

Haynes and Sons Guns
Local SGT Sponsor
Favorite Firearm: Glock
Next Firearm: Hadron Enforcer

Post by Haynes and Sons Guns » Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:15 pm

Correct me if I’m wrong but with a delay you should get a Brady transfer date of about 5 days out, they can legally transfer the firearm at this time on NICS end, the state is a different monster.
Haynes and Sons Guns LLC

$35 Transfers- $25 Veterans, First Responders

PLEASE TEXT ONLY!
TEXT- (509)475-8125

We are members of and financially endorse and support:
The National Rifle Association, www.nra.org
The Second Amendment Foundation, www.saf.org
The Silent Majority Foundation, www.smfjb.org
The Conservative Ladies of Washington, www.conservativeladiesofwa.com

Yellowsevenpot

Post by Yellowsevenpot » Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:35 pm

Hey all thank you for tbe input.

I have been filling in the ssi number, and still get the extended delays.

I pled guilty to a dui in 1998.

However, I had 4 delays from 2000 to 2015, and in the last 3 years I have had 7. The last 7 remained in delay status. I was transfered 3 out of the 7. The other 4 the retailer would not transfer without a proceed from nics.

Retailers can transfer after 10 days, but do not have to.

Thompson
Favorite Firearm: Shotgun
Next Firearm: ?

Post by Thompson » Mon Jan 08, 2018 7:08 am

I am on extended delay right now also, first time in like 10-15 buys. I did fill out the SS# portion.

T-Bone
City: Rockford,WA
Favorite Firearm: Marlin 30-30 Cowboy
Next Firearm: Ithaca M37 16ga

Post by T-Bone » Mon Jan 08, 2018 7:36 am

A PIN (Personal Identification Number) will help in the future; you need to go through the process of requesting one from NICS and then ALWAYS putting it on the 4473 form on a gun purchase: https://www.fbi.gov/file-repository/vaf ... 5.pdf/view

And always put your SSN on the 4473 to help avoid possible name/ID confusion, too.

I am always somewhat amused by the private sellers (and for that matter the current Idaho gun purchase laws) who believe that a demand for a Concealed Permit keeps away the "Bad Guy". I worked at the gun counter of two different Spokane retailers and I had NICS (on the phone call) deny or even inform me: "That individual is prohibited from owning a firearm..." on four different individuals with a Concealed Permit attempting to purchase a handgun. Only one individual questioned the result, but even he was "How would they know about that?", in response. In other words, the purchasers had done something wrong/stupid after getting their Concealed Permit.

BTW, if you have Firearm Rights restored by the court via an attorney, NICS still will not approve your firearms purchase with out the NICS PIN from them.

Thompson

Post by Thompson » Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:03 am

I guess I may have to submit that form. I do not have anything preventing me from possession, besides criticizing Comey on facebook for his screwed up Hillary investigation.

Grace_Hunter07
Apprentice Gun Trader
City: Spokane Valley
Favorite Firearm: 700Rem
Next Firearm: ???

Post by Grace_Hunter07 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 5:36 am

I'm curious as to why you get delayed in the first place?? That I believe is where you problem starts, correct??

Now, my guess, is that some years ago you were full of bad life choices...maybe a few run-ins with the cops...who knows...but just enough bad decisions that now you get delayed when you purchase a firearm...

I think ya did this to your self pal...enjoy your past affecting your present...lmao :lol: :lol:

Thompson

Post by Thompson » Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:37 pm

FYI...hold came off 4 days later. Strange..

Torakan
SGT Premium Supporter
City: CDA
State: ID
Favorite Firearm: AAC MPW
Next Firearm: Uzi/MP5/Mac-10

Post by Torakan » Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:12 pm

I’ve never had an issue. Just had one done on a purchase yesterday.
Iraq Combat Veteran
Infantry Master Gunner
US Army Retired

melman
Accomplished Gun Trader
Favorite Firearm: Russian AK-47
Next Firearm: AK-74

Post by melman » Sun Jan 21, 2018 2:57 pm

I got delayed al the time I had my rights restored won an appeal in 2008 took me 3 months. I was good until 2015 denied again same sh*t. I won my appeal and finally got my UPIN in June 2017 it took me almost two years for them to get from June/2015-August-2015 appeals good luck it sucks a form of gun control.

Haynes and Sons Guns
Local SGT Sponsor
Favorite Firearm: Glock
Next Firearm: Hadron Enforcer

Post by Haynes and Sons Guns » Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:12 am

Roland the Headless wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:40 am
know the laws

If you do not have a current WASHINGTON Concealed Carry Permit, your application will be sent to your local law enforcement office for approval. They have up to 10 business days to return a decision. After 10 days, we are able to deliver the firearm at OUR discretion.

I got this from https://sporting-systems.com/faq/waitin ... ton-state/

this is what most places use but I waited over 15 days for a m 327 Taurus from the bullet hole in the valley

I guess my advice is ...Be patient and if they still wont deliver your gun be nice but firm and show them the law
Do not take your money back

good shooten pal
This is FAKE NEWS and this website has tons of mistakes on it, don't go by some private site and believe you are quoting the law, look up the RCW's or call the County Gundesk. In Washington State an FFL is NOT authorized to transfer a pistol or revolver to a person without a CPL UNTIL the County has returned with a proceed, PERIOD, no matter what the wait period, last year there were periods of time that were in excess of 20 days, and you have no legal recourse other than to wait. ALSO the State or County may comeback with their own Delay in processing, and they have up to 30 days to produce a decision, I have only encountered this once, it was a Federal Proceed and a State Delay, the notice they sent was for a 30 day delay. You can question that all you want, but just call the County Gundesk and they will verify. Also Delays do not clear up in 24-48 hours as the website stated, they have a 5 business day waiting period where, after that time, you may transfer at the dealers discretion, but it will still read as "Open" and not "Proceed" and the dealer does not have to transfer, after 60 days it will read as Expired, and they are not authorized to transfer without a new NICS check.
Haynes and Sons Guns LLC

$35 Transfers- $25 Veterans, First Responders

PLEASE TEXT ONLY!
TEXT- (509)475-8125

We are members of and financially endorse and support:
The National Rifle Association, www.nra.org
The Second Amendment Foundation, www.saf.org
The Silent Majority Foundation, www.smfjb.org
The Conservative Ladies of Washington, www.conservativeladiesofwa.com

CheapJeep
Senior Accomplished Gun Trader
City: Spokane, WA
Favorite Firearm: 1911
Next Firearm: AR15

Post by CheapJeep » Fri Jan 26, 2018 7:47 am

Thanks for posting that Haynes & Sons, it is good to get the skinny from our own resident FFL. :D
If I were getting delayed (never have) I'd just go ahead and get the PIN. There is probably somebody out there with your same name and a long rap sheet that is creating this issue for you. Your SSN helps, but they know that info isn't secure, so it isn't the be-all-end-all verification of who you are. With the PIN number they know you have been vetted and aren't that OTHER guy...
WE ARE THE NRA

m1gunr
City: Kentucky
Favorite Firearm: BFR .45/70

Post by m1gunr » Wed Jan 31, 2018 7:06 pm

Private businesses DO NOT have to honor the 3 day / 5 day / 2 week delivery on a NICS hold. If a business does good for you. I know many that do not. I do not honor them at my counter as well. Too many times I have transferred a firearm on a 3 day hold only to get a call from NICS for a denial on that person and I have to get the firearm back in a used condition or better yet have to turn in that person because they refuse to bring said firearm back because they sold it in the week they had it.

I left Washington 3 years ago after the passing of I-594. So glad I did. I moved to Kentucky where we still have gun freedoms ( no transfers blocks, SBR's, SBS, Full auto) and we have a concealed deadly weapons license meaning I can carry ANYTHING in the deadly weapons statute ( nun-chucks, throwing stars, brass knuckles, 12 inch knives...). I miss Washington but not enough to move back to a suburb of Kalifornia...