Magazine registration and other crackpot ideas

Discuss legislation. gun control bills and local Law...
Forum rules
Please keep it civil...
Nathan1984
City: Spokane/wa

Magazine registration and other crackpot ideas

Post by Nathan1984 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 2:38 pm

http://app.leg.wa.gov/billsummary?Year= ... umber=5444

Attorney General Bob is wanting enhanced background checks (which I thought we already did) and registration of any magazine over 10 rounds. Because they’re definitely not using that registry for anything bad. Anyhow, follow the link, takes two minutes to oppose this garbage.

Vorakam
Apprentice Gun Trader
City: Spokane
Favorite Firearm: All Saigas :)
Next Firearm: ALL OF THEM

Re: Magazine registration and other crackpot ideas

Post by Vorakam » Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:29 pm

Opposed, we'll see if they can get this
turd to stick to the shoe, they will keep on trying regardless.
If it smells like S**t, It is! This Legislation Stinks. ;)
"This isn't where I parked my car." COOPER

hatchdog
Classifieds Moderator
City: Deer Park
State: WA
Favorite Firearm: S&W 4506
Next Firearm: 30-30 Henry
SGT Supporter: Yes

Post by hatchdog » Tue Jan 09, 2018 6:56 am

I sent my opposition to my rep Shelly Short who replied she would vote against it. However now that the Dems control all three branches of the state government who knows?

zr1backwoods
SGT Premium Supporter
City: Liberty Lake
Favorite Firearm: Thompson SMG
Next Firearm: Another 1911

Post by zr1backwoods » Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:53 pm

Every WA SGT member needs to follow the link provided by the OP and oppose this legislation. Follow the link and click on “Comment on This Bill” to oppose.

The text of the bill is also available. This is nothing more than a gun registration scheme. From Sec. 2:
(b) The assault weapon license must list each assault weapon or large capacity magazine currently in the license holder's possession. A listed assault weapon must include the make, model, and manufacturer's number. A listed large capacity magazine must include a description including the make, caliber, and capacity of the magazine.

Also, under Sec. 3.1., it appears that the license would need to be renewed each year. Yet another excuse to grind a few more bucks out of gun owners.
Last edited by zr1backwoods on Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:09 am, edited 2 times in total.

cesseltine
SGT Premium Supporter
City: Twin Lakes
State: ID
Favorite Firearm: Like em all
Next Firearm: What I can trade for

Post by cesseltine » Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:25 pm

I hope WA gets rid of this. I actually read it and it is bad news if it gets passed. You have to renew your license to own assault weapons or high cap mags every year and have to have a cpl to buy a handgun, dealers have 6 hours to send paperwork after a sale and have to renew all there license to sell every year! It even goes as far as to say where you are allowed to have your high cap mags and assault weapons and how to store them during transport. Good luck WA residents, this would be the end of Spokane Gun Trader, not to mention all the small business gun shops.
You never overpay for a gun, sometimes the value just hasn't cought up to the price

Abruzzi
City: Chewelah
Favorite Firearm: S&W
Next Firearm: Masquelier

Post by Abruzzi » Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:44 pm

A Marlin Model 60 .22 with a tubular magazine would now be classified as an assault weapon.
Well, no. Tube magazine 22's and lever actions are specifically not included.
Still plenty to not like.

roger
SGT Premium Supporter
Favorite Firearm: I like them all
Next Firearm: S&W 686

Post by roger » Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:58 am

Done.

tlmad
SGT Premium Supporter
City: Spokane Valley

Post by tlmad » Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:25 am

Done. Only takes a minute

hkcavalier
Gun Trader
City: Elk
Favorite Firearm: S&W 627PC
Next Firearm: Precision rifle

Post by hkcavalier » Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:10 am

Done.

Capgun54
SGT Premium Supporter
City: Spokane Valley
Favorite Firearm: Saiga 21" 308
Next Firearm: Rec 7

Post by Capgun54 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:18 am

Done, let's get the word out, need to let them know there is no place for this kind of crap in our state.
Is life so dear or peace so sweet as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it almighty God. I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death." Patrick Henry

roger
SGT Premium Supporter
Favorite Firearm: I like them all
Next Firearm: S&W 686

Post by roger » Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:32 pm

Capgun54 wrote:Done, let's get the word out, need to let them know there is no place for this kind of crap in our state.
Agreed, although as sad as it is, out of the over 15,000 members here it will be the same as the clean ups, only 20 of us will show and help.

I'll pick up my warning before I clock out for the day. :?

Roland the Headless
Gun Trader
State: Wa
Favorite Firearm: single 7/ henry .327
Next Firearm: none no more

Post by Roland the Headless » Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:08 pm

so I did it... not happy about it
my 10\22 because can have a mag with more than 10 rounds, and I have it in a folding stock, now is included in this piece of garbage
I dont have any mags for it (another story ) at the moment ...better go buy some now
Last edited by Roland the Headless on Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
paddle or pan see ya on the creek
.22 Henry .22 Wrangler .22 mkII
.357 Taurus old style m66 4in
.327 Taurus m 327 2in .327 Henry .327 Single 7
.38 spl S&W 642 CCW

nivlak
Serious Gun Trader
Next Firearm: Barrett

Post by nivlak » Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:18 pm

Fired. Thanks just for staying on top of this. Should forward to friends and Facebook to get greater views!

ghillieinthemist
SGT Premium Supporter
City: Post Falls, ID
Favorite Firearm: R25 in .243
Next Firearm: ???????

Post by ghillieinthemist » Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:41 pm

There is a reason Idaho is booming as of late. I heard a couple weeks back percentagewise is the fastest growing state. Not sure how much or what the exact numbers are compared to other states but...it is booming.
Do or do not there is no try.

Orphan
SGT Premium Supporter
City: Hayden
State: ID
Favorite Firearm: 1911
Next Firearm: 338 Lapua

Post by Orphan » Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:01 pm

I can not count how many times you were warned you had to get out and do something to prevent this from happening. If you do not want it to get even worse you are going to have to get off yur butts, get involved and change things now because if you are not willing to act now when he next step gets here you will unable to act.

Bugs66
SGT Premium Supporter
City: Palouse

Post by Bugs66 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:14 pm

Opposed. Done!

madmartigan
City: Spokane, WA
Favorite Firearm: Evil assault rifles
Next Firearm: As many as I can

Post by madmartigan » Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:39 pm

In addition to the NRA-ILA link, I'd suggest sending emails to steve.hobbs@leg.wa.gov, timothy.sheldon@leg.wa.gov, dean.takko@leg.wa.gov, and jan.angel@leg.wa.gov. Jan Angel replied to me quickly (she's very opposed to these bills as well) and also suggested sending email to the Law & Justice chair Senator Jamie Pedersen (jamie.pedersen@leg.wa.gov). Get the word out, y'all! Whether or not this is actually happening on Monday we better make some noise ASAP.

madmartigan
City: Spokane, WA
Favorite Firearm: Evil assault rifles
Next Firearm: As many as I can

Post by madmartigan » Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:04 pm

Also adding an email with some good links I received from Perry at the Spokane Valley Rifle and Pistol Club:

Subject: IMPORTANT: WA LEGISLATORS ATTEMPTING TO ENACT A GUN BAN!
Date: January 12, 2018 at 10:11:20 AM PST
To: Undisclosed recipients:;

SVRPC Members:

I am forwarding to you a message from Will Parks of Inland Northwest Action Shooters. Will has some important information about pending laws that our Washington State Legislature is attempting to sign into law in the immediate future.

You will see below some well-designed action steps, and a plea to sign a petition voicing your opposition to what essentially would be a ban on modern day defensive weapons. This is an assault on our 2nd Amendment rights.

Please get involved!

Perry Ross
SVRPC Director

LEGISLATIVE ACTION PLAN TO STOP PROPOSED ANTI-GUN BILLS

INAS shooters, this is the most serious threat that we have faced in intruding on our firearms choices and registration and freedom. We need to let our lawmakers know that it is the criminal behavior that should be punished, not to punish the vast majority of law abiding citizens. If you can, plan to go to Olympia and participate in the rallies and hearings. If these bills are passed, please don’t wake up and say, “I wish I had done something to try to stop these horrendous intrusions on our freedoms.”

We have put together an action plan that we hope will be easy for you to contact Washington State Representatives and voice your opposition to the bills that would ban and or license our modern sporting rifles, magazines over 10 rounds, and other bills that would inhibit our freedom and choices. I know that many of you, just like me, feel like giving up and counting on civil disobedience, non compliance, storage out of state, or other plans. You may think that our local Sheriff’s Department and Local PD will not devote time and resources to enforce these laws if passed and enacted. However, the 2nd Amendment is pivotal to our freedoms in every aspect of our lives. I urge you to please make every effort to stop these bills through your voice in these next few days and into the Legislative Session. Thank you all, for what I know you will do.
Here is our suggested action plan and contact information. This will make it easy for you to voice your opposition to the most egregious bills.

1. Please subscribe to the Gun Owners Action League online updates GOAL Post. These updates will keep you fully informed. Subscribe by sending a message to goalwa@cox.net.

2. We are adding information pages on the bills and contact information for 3 key Democrat Lawmakers that tend to “organize with Republicans” and support our 2nd Amendment. If these proposed bills make it to a vote, these 3 Democrats may be our only chance to stop them:

Senator Steve Hobbs – 360.786.7686 steve.hobbs@leg.wa.gov

Senator Tim Sheldon – 360.786.7668 timothy.sheldon@leg.wa.gov

Senator Dean Takko – 360.786.7636 dean.takko@leg.wa.gov

3. Contact all of our local Republican Representatives to oppose these bills.

4. Join the NRA https://home.nra.org/ , subscribe to NRA/ILA https://www.nraila.org/, and the Citizens Committee to Keep & Bear Arms https://www.ccrkba.org/

INAS shooters, this is the most serious threat that we have faced in intruding on our firearms choices and registration and freedom. We need to let our lawmakers know that it is the criminal behavior that should be punished, not to punish the vast majority of law abiding citizens. Let me know if you have any other ideas or actions that we can take. If you can, plan to go to Olympia and participate in the rallies and hearings. If these bills are passed, please don’t wake up and say, “I wish I had done something to try to stop these horrendous intrusions on our freedoms.”