Any "MUST GO TO" gun shops in Spokane?

General non-specific firearm talk...
netsecsys
City: Ferndale
Favorite Firearm: Benelli M4
Next Firearm: Larue pTOBR 7.62 14

Any "MUST GO TO" gun shops in Spokane?

Post by netsecsys » Sun Jul 24, 2011 8:46 pm

Going to be in Spokane this weekend and have some time on Saturday to look around. Any gun shops or surplus stores in the Spokane area that are a MUST SEE? Specifically looking for good prices but excellent service is a very close second for me.

Thanks!

- Netsecsys
Semper Fi

ron
SGT Premium Supporter
City: Cheney
State: WA
Favorite Firearm: G20SF
Next Firearm: Flintlock Rifle

Re: Any "MUST GO TO" gun shops in Spokane?

Post by ron » Mon Jul 25, 2011 12:58 am

All American Arms, on Trent? --Army Surplus on Division and North foothills Blvd, Double Eagle Pawn on Sprague between division and Freya and Northwest Pawn on Pines road. While you're at Double Eagle Pawn on Sprague, also check out best buy Surplus on 2516 East Sprague Avenue and ask to see their guns. Lots of great hardware there, too, like real hardware stores are supposed to have.

You forgot to mention good selection. all of the above have that, except maybe Army surplus, not as many guns but what they do have is always interesting and they have tons of other way cool stuff, the kind of stuff real surplus stores are supposed to have.
Government is not reason, it is not eloquence — it is force. Like fire it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master; never for a moment should it be left to irresponsible action.

R.J.
SGT Premium Supporter
City: Spokane Valley
Favorite Firearm: AK`s & Glocks
Next Firearm: ....mmmmm

Post by R.J. » Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:44 am

I also like NW Pawn & Collector Arms on Pines Rd. At first I wasn't impressed, mainly because of the jerk (not Keith) behind the counter that acts like you're a bother if you have any questions. Not sure if that guy's still there or not but Keith(Owner) is always good to deal w/ & has a well-varied assortment. If you have the time for a little drive there's also Double Eagle Pawn out at Deer Park...tons of guns & good prices(& service). White Elephant (Sprague or Division locations) has a decent selection & their prices have always been among the lowest, their service has also much improved over the years. +1 on Army Surplus, lots of unique stuff. The one at State Line(Pleasant View exit) is pretty good along w/ N. Division. The new Valley location is just too small, not much there.
...one nation, under surveillance, unrecognizable, w/ smart phones & food stamps for all.

WTB - `82 Delorean & Flux Capacitor.

BLM - BURN, LOOT, MURDER

thumpar
SGT Premium Supporter
City: Spokane
Favorite Firearm: All of them
Next Firearm: The next good deal.
SGT Supporter: Yes

Post by thumpar » Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:19 am

Those are all good. Check out Sharp Shooting also. It is an indoor range and rents tons of guns.
Why is there never enough time to do it right the first time, But always enough time to do it again? - Don S RIP
2/3rds of the worlds surface would be wasted if it wasn't for boating.

ron
SGT Premium Supporter

Post by ron » Mon Jul 25, 2011 3:00 pm

thumpar wrote:Those are all good. Check out Sharp Shooting also. It's an indoor range and rents tons of guns.
Steve and Robin Ball are the owners. Robin runs things, and does a great job. Steve is a commercial pilot and isn't around much. They are both nice people.

All American is 11913 E. Trent Ave Near Pines. So if you're visiting NW Pawn on Pines, just head back towards the Freeway, Pass the on ramps and go straight down Pines to Trent and turn left. All American will be on the north side of Trent as you head west back towards Spokane.
Government is not reason, it is not eloquence — it is force. Like fire it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master; never for a moment should it be left to irresponsible action.

netsecsys

Post by netsecsys » Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:46 pm

Thanks for the info. I'll be putting together my "Gun Shop Tour of Spokane"™ packet this week. Looking forward to the visit! Thanks again.

Bob R
Senior Accomplished Gun Trader
City: PAHRUMP
State: NV
Favorite Firearm: So many guns
Next Firearm: So little time

Post by Bob R » Tue Jul 26, 2011 2:36 am

There is also NW Pony Express over in CDA. You could drive over there and start, stop at Cabela's on the way back and then move into Spokane for the gun shops over here.

bob
No, you can't have my rights. I am still using them!

ron
SGT Premium Supporter

Post by ron » Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:11 am

Bob R wrote:There is also NW Pony Express over in CDA. You could drive over there and start, stop at Cabela's on the way back and then move into Spokane for the gun shops over here.

bob
And be sure and gas up if you go to CDA. Gas is about ten cents cheaper there because of lower taxes on necessities like gas and beer. Here's a guide to the lowest gas prices Safeway stores are good if you have a safeway card, three cents less than the advertized price.

http://www.idahogasprices.com/Coeur_d'Alene/index.aspx

phatsmitty
Gun Trader
City: slo-can
Favorite Firearm: Stanley stapler
Next Firearm: who knows

Dave's Guns!!!

Post by phatsmitty » Tue Jul 26, 2011 12:41 pm

Dave's Guns Nine Mile

(a local favorite, less than 10 min from my house <c: )

Dave, Dan, Tim and Greg have been nothing but helpful and always treated me and my son like we were the most important customer they've ever had. Whether I'm buying ammo, inquiring about a firearm, buying a gun, or just looking for solid advice - they are top notch. I feel so fortunate to live near such a great gun shop and the Spokane Rifle club is just 5 min. away from us as well. Living the good life here in slo-can [c:
Ex - Navy, Persian Gulf Veteran, who loved shooting the M14 and 1911 and M60 and M2

RLHas
Local SGT Sponsor
City: Medical Lake
Favorite Firearm: Springfield EMP .40
Next Firearm: AR 10 or Bolt action

Post by RLHas » Thu Jul 28, 2011 7:58 am

If you're out driving anyway stop out at the DEER PARK Double Eagle Pawn...
Great guys to deal with and there is always a deal there. Hit up Jim or the older Gentleman there. Both are a huge wealth of knowledge and help. There is a huge selection and good prices too...
My Glock Doc
509-869-2754
Call for appointment

"A free people ought not only be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

NRA Member

netsecsys

Post by netsecsys » Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:30 am

So far I have (staying in WA state):

All American Arms 11913 E. Trent Ave
Army Surplus on Division and North foothills Blvd
Double Eagle Pawn on Sprague between division and Freya
Northwest Pawn on Pines road
White Elephant (Sprague or Division locations)
Sharp Shooting
Dave's Guns Nine Mile

I'll map it out on google maps and make a day out of it.

Thanks again for your suggestions!

Coug91
SGT Premium Supporter
City: Spokane Valley
Favorite Firearm: 1911's and AR15's

Post by Coug91 » Thu Jul 28, 2011 4:00 pm

Figure an 45 minutes to an hour from Dave's to All American Arms (AAA). I live in the valley, and when I make the trip to Dave's I take food & water... ;)

Dave's and AAA stock suppressors.

Another good place is Double Eagle in Deer Park. Might as well make the day of it.
Fortuna Favet Fortibus.

When you run out of valid things to say, there's always insults.

Fort Knox
SGT Premium Supporter
City: Spokane
Favorite Firearm: S&W Model 10
Next Firearm: 4" 1911 or AK

Post by Fort Knox » Thu Jul 28, 2011 5:29 pm

Triple B is in CDA and they are good. Just North of Home Depot on Govt. Way.

netsecsys

Post by netsecsys » Thu Jul 28, 2011 5:50 pm

Fort Knox wrote:Triple B is in CDA and they are good. Just North of Home Depot on Govt. Way.
I am going to be staying in WA as I don't want to find something that I can't live without and have to pay shipping and transfer and "USE TAX" for it to my FFL...

Thanks though!

Matt45
SGT Premium Supporter
City: Sagle
State: ID
Favorite Firearm: Red Ryder in .177
Next Firearm: CZ P-01 or 06

Re: Dave's Guns!!!

Post by Matt45 » Sun Aug 07, 2011 2:50 pm

Top marks for Kieth at NW Pawn & Collector Arms, as well as Terry at AAA. White Elephant also get's a nod, as does Best Buy Surplus.

phatsmitty wrote:Dave's Guns Nine Mile

(a local favorite, less than 10 min from my house <c: )

Dave, Dan, Tim and Greg have been nothing but helpful and always treated me and my son like we were the most important customer they've ever had.

They must be trying something new....like "Customer service". Dave forgot about that when he moved his operation into the old 9 Mile Post office. I haven't been there in years, mostly due to several experiances there that were 180 degrees opposite from yours.

I've long since held them in the same "esteem" as MSA gets. (Zilch for those who don't get sarcasm.)
Familiarize, Train, Carry, Train EXPECT to use it, HOPE to never HAVE to.
BA in Human Relations OIF College Baghdad Campus
Honor Graduate Wiley E. Coyote Gunsmithing

ron
SGT Premium Supporter

Post by ron » Sun Aug 07, 2011 3:25 pm

Never had a problem at Dave's guns since 1995, either Dave personally or anyone there. At one point I was working on an election campaign and he arranged for me to be able to put my signs on a property along the highway nearby. That was a personal favor and goes beyond just good customer service.

I also like the differnt little dogs that hang around the shop. Anyone who like dogs has something extra going for them in my book.

timbertiger
Gun Trader
City: Post Falls

Post by timbertiger » Wed Aug 10, 2011 1:29 am

I can't believe no one has mentioned center target sports in Post Falls.........top indoor range in the country with some of the top instructors! How often do you get instructors like Massad Ayoob? The staff is great and Ed knows his stuff!

RLHas
Local SGT Sponsor
City: Medical Lake
Favorite Firearm: Springfield EMP .40
Next Firearm: AR 10 or Bolt action

Post by RLHas » Wed Aug 10, 2011 5:21 am

I think maybe because it says "Any "MUST GO TO" gun shops in Spokane?"

Center Target is a great shop!
My Glock Doc
509-869-2754
Call for appointment

"A free people ought not only be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

NRA Member

timbertiger
Gun Trader
City: Post Falls

Post by timbertiger » Wed Aug 10, 2011 1:26 pm

Fair enough......LOL
Just figured since we were mentioning Cabelas and Pony Express........not to mention Dave's guns......LOL

brettov
SGT Premium Supporter
City: Colville
Favorite Firearm: 1911
Next Firearm: Big Bore Revolver

Post by brettov » Wed Aug 10, 2011 1:40 pm

I do a lot of business with Double Eagle in Deerpark . They are great guys and I don't think I have ever paid the full marked price on a gun there . And they do know there stuff . You can also get some good ammo buys sometimes . And if your wife is with you and dosn't like to look at guns they have a huge selection of other stuff for her to brows .
From the Federalist Papers: “The purpose of the United States Constitution is to limit the power of the federal government not the American people.”