Stuckart proposes Seattle like gun/ammo tax

Discuss legislation. gun control bills and local Law...
Forum rules
Please keep it civil...
pacnw
Gun Trader
City: North of Spokane, WA
Favorite Firearm: one that goes bang!!

Stuckart proposes Seattle like gun/ammo tax

Post by pacnw » Sat Feb 17, 2018 12:55 pm

JeremyD
Site Owner
City: Suncrest
State: WA
Favorite Firearm: AR's
Next Firearm: Gold ones!!
SGT Supporter: Yes

Re: Stuckart proposes Seattle like gun/ammo tax

Post by JeremyD » Sat Feb 17, 2018 1:13 pm

I still honestly have no clue how this guy got on our council in the first place.

I almost feel bad for what's going to happen to people like this when the silent majority stands up ;)
Veritatem Cognoscere

bladebum
Retired Global Moderator, SGT Administrator and Founding member
City: Spokane
Favorite Firearm: Glock 41

Post by bladebum » Sat Feb 17, 2018 1:36 pm

The dumbest thing about this is the thought that private sales would be limited to 1 per quarter or a sales tax would be imposed. How would you ever be able to track that? Also how would DOR be able to track sales tax for this one category and then direct the funds to mental health? Who specifically would get the funds? Maybe Stuckart should move to Seattle where he can be better appreciated.
Fate whispers to the warrior, "You cannot withstand the storm" The warrior whispers back, "I am the storm"
"I am a sheepdog, I live to protect the flock and confront the wolf" Lt. Col. Dave Grossman
"Life is Short, Don't Waste It"

JeremyD
Site Owner
City: Suncrest
Favorite Firearm: AR's
Next Firearm: Gold ones!!

Post by JeremyD » Sat Feb 17, 2018 1:39 pm

bladebum wrote:
Sat Feb 17, 2018 1:36 pm
The dumbest thing about this is the thought that private sales would be limited to 1 per quarter or a sales tax would be imposed. How would you ever be able to track that? Also how would DOR be able to track sales tax for this one category and then direct the funds to mental health? Who specifically would get the funds? Maybe Stuckart should move to Seattle where he can be better appreciated.
AMEN!!!! Just watch the news buddy...I don't know what the penalty is for bitch slapping a city official but, I fear if I ever meet him, I'm gonna find out :lol: :lol: I can see the headlines already: Apparently Mr. Dierks was "Tired" of Stuckart's ideas :lol: :lol:
Veritatem Cognoscere

thumpar
SGT Premium Supporter
Favorite Firearm: All of them
Next Firearm: The next good deal.

Post by thumpar » Sat Feb 17, 2018 1:55 pm

He lives in some kind of fairytale. I don't know how he expects any of the things he envisions being real. This is the same person that thinks restricting traffic down to one lane will help reduce traffic.
Why is there never enough time to do it right the first time, But always enough time to do it again? - Don S RIP
2/3rds of the worlds surface would be wasted if it wasn't for boating.

257ROBERT
SGT Premium Supporter
City: Elk
Favorite Firearm: Model 70 Featherweig
Next Firearm: Undecided

Post by 257ROBERT » Sat Feb 17, 2018 2:35 pm

By their own logic they have "blood on their hands" trying to profit from a tragedy by imposing a tax that will never be spent on anything except their own special interests and projects. It wont save lives or do anything to help this problem, just make these guys pound their chests and show everyone else that they are morally superior. Remember, you cannot legislate morality.
"Once in awhile you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right".

DO NOT DRINK AND TYPE! It never ends well.

mauser54
SGT Premium Supporter
City: Silsbee
State: Texas
Favorite Firearm: Ones that i own
Next Firearm: What ever tickles me

Post by mauser54 » Sat Feb 17, 2018 5:59 pm

Sounds like to me that Stuckart has some serious mental issues he needs to workout considering the mental problems he evidently has. What kind of Moron would think that a tax would solve gun crime. Liberalism is a serious mental illness and Stuckart is a prime example.
Gunsmith Graduate with Degree
30 years experience
General firearm repair
DuraCoating service
Customizing firearms.
Contact me by:
- Pm through SGT
- Email - mauser54@yahoo.com

"Second Amendment" America's Original Homeland Security

"The criminal needs to be taught to fear his victim"
Jeff Cooper

CheapJeep
Senior Accomplished Gun Trader
City: Spokane, WA
Favorite Firearm: 1911
Next Firearm: AR15

Post by CheapJeep » Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:36 pm

mauser54 wrote:
Sat Feb 17, 2018 5:59 pm
Sounds like to me that Stuckart has some serious mental issues he needs to workout considering the mental problems he evidently has. What kind of Moron would think that a tax would solve gun crime. Liberalism is a serious mental illness and Stuckart is a prime example.
Of course it is. What is that famous definition of insanity? Doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result?
Like passing more and more gun laws and expecting it to affect gun crime - when it never has no matter where or how many times it has been tried.
Or like passing an ammo tax "just like Seattle's" when Seattle's has been an abject failure.
When they passed it in Seattle people just started going outside the city limits or onto the Internet to buy their ammo.
So what makes the mental midgets think anything different would happen here if they passed the same stupid law?
A liberal's deludusional thinking makes them behave as if the world works they way they WANT it to work, rather than the way the real world ACTUALLY works.
Last edited by CheapJeep on Sun Feb 18, 2018 4:04 pm, edited 3 times in total.
WE ARE THE NRA

hatchdog
Classifieds Moderator
City: Deer Park
Favorite Firearm: S&W 4506
Next Firearm: 30-30 Henry

Post by hatchdog » Sun Feb 18, 2018 7:56 am

All this foolish law would accomplish would be to cause small dealers like Precision Combat, Combat First, JK, Firearms Finishing, etc to move out of the city limits. This would cause a reduction in city taxes received and accomplish nothing else. Another Stuckart moronic idea. Hey Ben, King County is calling...........

480 Ruger
Accomplished Gun Trader
Favorite Firearm: M1A
Next Firearm: Socom 2

Post by 480 Ruger » Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:28 am

This guy is an absolute idiot but it unfortunately shows where Spokane itself is going. The fact that we would vote a guy like this in to be one of our city leaders is flat depressing!!!
Rest easy, sleep well my brothers
Know the line has held,your job is done.
Rest easy, sleep well.
Others have taken up where you fell, the line has held.
Peace, peace and farewell

Robaxce3
City: Spokane WA
Favorite Firearm: 45 Raptor

Post by Robaxce3 » Mon Feb 19, 2018 4:57 pm

We need to stop being the "silent majority" and start being proactive on keeping our Civil Rights intact.

I am proposing that we (every single SGT member, gun-store business owner, gun-owner, etc...) plan on making an appearance at one of the City council meetings and do it very soon. The council meetings are held on Mondays and I think they start at 6PM.

We need to show Ben and any other council member that we are against ANY type of tax or regulation on our unalienable rights.

Please either PM me or post to this topic on what your thoughts are because we need to take action, and take action quickly before this or something like this tax is voted upon.

Thanks,

- Rob

Pacific5th
Serious Gun Trader
City: Cheney
Favorite Firearm: Depends...
Next Firearm: To many.

Post by Pacific5th » Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:38 pm

480 Ruger wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:28 am
This guy is an absolute idiot but it unfortunately shows where Spokane itself is going. The fact that we would vote a guy like this in to be one of our city leaders is flat depressing!!!
The county voted in favor of I-594. It’s getting more and more liberal over here. It’s why I laught when I see the split the state crap. Spokane/Trycity’s would carry the vote and it will be the same crap as now.

toddSpokane
SGT Premium Supporter
City: Spokane Valley
Favorite Firearm: Glock 50
Next Firearm: Glock 51

Post by toddSpokane » Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:45 pm

Go to the cities web site and send them all email about your opinion. Be respectful but firm. I have received return emails from several and they are against it as well. Let your voice be heard.
I am looking for:

S&W 657 4"
S&W 63 4"
Glock 29SF or 29 upper
And ground squirrels or marmots

bladebum
Retired Global Moderator, SGT Administrator and Founding member
Favorite Firearm: Glock 41

Post by bladebum » Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:57 pm

toddSpokane wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:45 pm
Go to the cities web site and send them all email about your opinion. Be respectful but firm. I have received return emails from several and they are against it as well. Let your voice be heard.
Excellent! Everyone should do this...
Fate whispers to the warrior, "You cannot withstand the storm" The warrior whispers back, "I am the storm"
"I am a sheepdog, I live to protect the flock and confront the wolf" Lt. Col. Dave Grossman
"Life is Short, Don't Waste It"