Great Facebook post

Discuss legislation. gun control bills and local Law...
Forum rules
Please keep it civil...
hatchdog
Classifieds Moderator
City: Deer Park
State: WA
Favorite Firearm: S&W 4506
Next Firearm: 30-30 Henry
SGT Supporter: Yes

Great Facebook post

Post by hatchdog » Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:31 am

I read the following on Facebook and thought I would share it.

"I stand behind you in line at the store with a smile on my face...and a gun under my shirt and you are none the wiser, yet you are safer for having me next to you. I won't shoot you. My gun won't pull it's own trigger. It is securely holstered with the trigger covered. It can't just go off. However, rest assured that if a lunatic walks into the grocery store and pulls out a rifle, I will draw my pistol and protect myself and my family and therefore protect you and your family. I may freeze up. I may piss my pants. I may get shot before I can pull the trigger...but, I won't die in a helpless blubbering heap on the floor begging for my life or my child's life. I won't be that victim. I choose not to be. As for you, I don't ask you to carry a gun. If you are not comfortable, then please don't. But I would like to keep my right to choose to not be a helpless victim. There is evil in the world and if evil has a gun, I want one too...

mauser54
SGT Premium Supporter
City: Silsbee
State: Texas
Favorite Firearm: Ones that i own
Next Firearm: What ever tickles me

Re: Great Facebook post

Post by mauser54 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:54 am

Excellent post! :D
Gunsmith Graduate with Degree
30 years experience
General firearm repair
DuraCoating service
Customizing firearms.
Contact me by:
- Pm through SGT
- Email - mauser54@yahoo.com

"Second Amendment" America's Original Homeland Security

"The criminal needs to be taught to fear his victim"
Jeff Cooper

bladebum
Retired Global Moderator, SGT Administrator and Founding member
City: Spokane
State: WA
Favorite Firearm: Glock 41

Post by bladebum » Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:07 am

Good one... :D
Fate whispers to the warrior, "You cannot withstand the storm" The warrior whispers back, "I am the storm"
"I am a sheepdog, I live to protect the flock and confront the wolf" Lt. Col. Dave Grossman
"Life is Short, Don't Waste It"

Vorakam
Apprentice Gun Trader
City: Spokane
Favorite Firearm: All Saigas :)
Next Firearm: ALL OF THEM

Post by Vorakam » Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:59 pm

Nice, Thanks for the post
"This isn't where I parked my car." COOPER

pacnw
Gun Trader
City: North of Spokane, WA
Favorite Firearm: one that goes bang!!

Post by pacnw » Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:44 pm

I have a few pro gun shirts that I wear. I have never received a negative comment. Positive comments range from "where did you get that shirt, I want one", "nice shirt" and so on.
My mom, wife and I were on a driving trip and were in line at a store and I had one on that says something like "gun safety rule #1, carry one". A lady behind us said "I like your shirt". I said thanks. She explained something about her daughter working someplace that inspired her daughter to begin carrying, but that she was not comfortable with firearms. She then said "I feel safer knowing there are people like you out there. Thank you."
She did not know if I was or wasn't carrying, I was and it was concealed(legally). What she did not realize it that my wife was also carrying.

Hopefully I will NEVER have to experience this situation, but I will act just as that post states.