Where you can and can't carry ?

Discuss self defense and carry / EDC / tactics ...
countryman
SGT Premium Supporter
City: Davenport
State: WA
Favorite Firearm: Mine
Next Firearm: Whatcha got?

Where you can and can't carry ?

Post by countryman » Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:15 am

In the overall grand scheme of things i know im a good guy with a gun and that a bad guy with a gun(or knife or chainsaw axe whatever) could appear at anytime anywhere. With that said i tend to stay armed whenever possible. For a few reasons i do believe my choice to be ok even if sometimes in a grey area of the law.

This may get a little long winded and for that i apoligize.

1. By having a license for a concealed pistol ive already passed fingerprinting, a comprehensive background check, and a mental health background check.

2. When i leave the house with a gun i feel as though i am responsible for it at all times and if i were to lock it in a vehicle that vehicle can be broken into and then the gun I'm responsible for could get into hands of someone less honest. To add to this problem i drive older vehicles which are more often targeted by thieves and crooks. Solution carry the gun i left the house with and the most a criminal can get from me is a tire iron and a candy bar wrapper.

But still i find myself in a position where store policy is no firearms ok well concealed is concealed only myself and my wife know i have it. So If they were to see it they can ask me to leave and if i dont I'm a tresspasser big whoop let em know that if my constitutional rights arent welcome in their store neither is my hard earned money and leave. Ok.

But now ive gotten in my car ive driven to walmart no problem went over to Winco got some food costco went just fine the kids didnt throw a fit and now my wife wants to go hit the thrift stores(she is a shopaholic)

Well Northwest Christian Thrift I do believe is owned by a school but without classes in the building is it nothing more than an established business?

And then Spokane community college im not a student there is wa illegal to carry on college campuses? In case you're wondering why i might there my kids had a karate tournament there just yesterday.

hatchdog
Classifieds Moderator
City: Deer Park
Favorite Firearm: S&W 4506
Next Firearm: 30-30 Henry
SGT Supporter: Yes

Re: Where you can and can't carry ?

Post by hatchdog » Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:17 am

1. Is there a metal detector?

2. Do you deep conceal?

3. No to #1 and yes to #2 = carry!

countryman
SGT Premium Supporter
City: Davenport
Favorite Firearm: Mine
Next Firearm: Whatcha got?

Post by countryman » Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:03 am

Love it but its a no on number 2 i usually semi conceal OWB full size gun strong side slightly canted forward with anything from a t-shirt to a slightly too large sweater i may however change this to be IWB strong side with a compact(glock 19 size)

Blacklion66
SGT Premium Supporter
City: Northport, WA
Favorite Firearm: S&W GOVENOR
Next Firearm: 25-20

Post by Blacklion66 » Mon Feb 26, 2018 12:01 pm

Unless you have a lot of money for lawyer fees don't carry where you are not supposed to.
Not knowing where you can not carry is something that no carry permit holder should be guilty of.

Those that don't know and get caught do nothing but give others a bad name