When sh*t hits the fan....

Discuss self defense and carry / EDC / tactics ...
ghillieinthemist
SGT Premium Supporter
City: Post Falls, ID
Favorite Firearm: R25 in .243
Next Firearm: ???????

Re: When sh*t hits the fan....

Post by ghillieinthemist » Sat Sep 10, 2016 12:54 am

I know its a zombie thread...came back from the dead. But just assume someone will be willing to burn your house down to keep you from having what you have if they can't take it.

Start from that point on...That's when the sh*t get blown out the fan and comes back for round two.
Do or do not there is no try.

cbenson
SGT Premium Supporter
City: Spokane
State: WA
Favorite Firearm: m9a1
Next Firearm: ? I like older guns

Post by cbenson » Sat Sep 10, 2016 11:01 pm

I have been thinking about this alot. I have some can goods, water, liquor, first aid supplies. But depending on how bad it gets going and living at Costco does seem like a good idea. Just hide in a Christmas display. Lol or be security when people start lutein.

The Mechanic
SGT Premium Supporter
City: Spokane
Favorite Firearm: 1911
Next Firearm: something in .46acp

Post by The Mechanic » Sat Sep 10, 2016 11:19 pm

ghillieinthemist wrote:I know its a zombie thread...came back from the dead. But just assume someone will be willing to burn your house down to keep you from having what you have if they can't take it.

Start from that point on...That's when the sh*t get blown out the fan and comes back for round two.
Obviously someone would be willing to burn my house down to get what they need to survive or save their family from death. The real challenge is to figure out how quickly I am willing to shove my fist up their posterior and use them like a sock puppet to entertain my family during primetime. I'd hate for my family to miss a single episode.
"Kill 'em with kindness"

Do these moobs make you randy? Do they baby?!?

KR509
Rookie Member
City: Spokane wa
Favorite Firearm: Tikka T3X .308
Next Firearm: Ruger Precision

Post by KR509 » Tue Sep 20, 2016 1:12 pm

cbenson wrote:I have been thinking about this alot. I have some can goods, water, liquor, first aid supplies. But depending on how bad it gets going and living at Costco does seem like a good idea. Just hide in a Christmas display. Lol or be security when people start lutein.
I was waiting for a response like this but surprised no one else has said something like this. As much as i think looting in riots is a stupid as hell and despise the people doing it today, were not really talking riots here. Were talking civil war, world war, zombie invasion, etc. First thing would be to make sure my family is safe, gather small arms and group up with friends/family/other like minded people. After astablishing a "safe house" where our families are secure, me and the boys would take a couple pickup trucks to stores like Costco, Sportsman warehouse, north 40, etc. Gathering medical supplies, ammo, firearms, food, water, radios, generators, gas cans, propane, camping equipment, etc. (these types of stores will be hit first) After we have rounded up a good amount of these supplies we would then go back to the safe house and gather our family members/friends and head for the hills. More then likely the cities will not be safe. Head up into the hills outside of town and setup camp. Get radios up and running and try to reach out to others and our local mulisha's and figure out our whats our next plan and how to help in the fight that caused "the sh*t to hit the fan"

In my opinion, this is probably the best plan. I'll be on the CB/Ham radio when this happens to find other like minded :)