Gear Discussion / Reviews ...
firehawk_71
Apprentice Gun Trader
City: Spokane
Favorite Firearm: 1911/AR-15(Got one!)
Next Firearm: Mossberg 500/590

Hearing Protection Questions...

Post by firehawk_71 » Fri Apr 29, 2011 4:06 pm

So I was looking around online and I found this on the VZ Grips website, I was wondering if anyone knows of a shop around town that carries these or something similar.

http://vzgrips.com/hearing-protection/e ... ure-series

Sig-aholic
SGT Premium Supporter
City: Cheney
State: WA
Favorite Firearm: AAC .300 BLK
Next Firearm: Sig Sauer 1911 TacOp
SGT Supporter: Yes

Re: Hearing Protection Questions...

Post by Sig-aholic » Fri Apr 29, 2011 6:55 pm

Those are the Surefire Sonic Defender Tacticals. You can buy the regular SF Sonic Defenders at Sharpshooting. I wear these all the time. AR's are little loud with them, but handguns are pretty quiet.

If you keep the plug out, you can hear people talk really well, but it blocks out the higher decibels. You can put the little plug in for full out hearing protection.

The difference between the tacticals and the regulars is that it's easier to wear hearing muffs over the tacticals for better protection.

Hope this helps.

edit: I think NW Collectors on Pines Rd. sells them too. But the two that I'm positive about is Sharp Shooting and Blumenthals.
I took an oath that I will support and defend the constitution of the United States. My enemies will expire before my oath ever will.

firehawk_71
Apprentice Gun Trader

Post by firehawk_71 » Sun May 01, 2011 1:11 am

Thanks sig, I went by Blumenthals but they only had one pair and it was a large. Gonna check sharp shooters next.

CAG
Accomplished Gun Trader
Favorite Firearm: The one in my hand

Post by CAG » Thu Jun 02, 2011 8:41 pm

The ones you have pictured are EP3's, I would only wear those under muffs. If you want a stand-alone pair I would get the EP4's, but as Sig said they are not at all comfortable under muffs. For me the EP4's work very well with the plug out if shooting handguns or rim fire. With the plug in they are acceptable with rifle for short term shooting. Remember if you are doing a lot of shooting wear ear muffs, they protect the small bones of your ear that still absorb sound. If Sharp Shooting doesn't have them I know Brownell's has good prices on them.
Curtis

firehawk_71
Apprentice Gun Trader

Post by firehawk_71 » Mon Jun 06, 2011 2:13 pm

Thanks guys. I decided to pick up a pair of muffs (that's what I was raised on) so I figured I would stick to them... They work!