Gear Discussion / Reviews ...
burny
SGT Premium Supporter
City: Entitlement City
Favorite Firearm: warm ones
Next Firearm: Savage 24 O\U

Which Trijicon to buy

Post by burny » Sat Jun 18, 2011 11:30 am

I will be buying a Trijicon Scope in the near future, i was wonder what your opinion is.
This is set to mount on a Rock River Arms LAR-8 in .308, 16" barrel

Please touch on these points

#1.The exact model
#2. Why that model over the others
#3. 2nd and 3rd choice Models
#4. Retical choice and why (include color)
#5. 33mm or 1" tube

I am currently looking at the Accupoint series 1-4x24 or 1.25-4x24 or 3-9x40 with 1" tube as I am an American :lol:
No man's life, liberty, or property is safe while the legislature is in session. -- Gideon J. Tucker (1866)

wolfman

Re: Which Trijicon to buy

Post by wolfman » Fri Jan 06, 2012 4:44 pm

Which Trijicon to buy? ALL OF EM!

But on a 16" 308 I would probably start with a green BAC in 3x9x40. I find the green far easier to see. I also have a red and it is brighter than amber (to my eyes). Some people like the amber color better, so I suggest handling a couple and seing which shows up the best to you. I suggest using the BAC for quick close acquisition. I have a mil-dot and it is great clarity with lots of adjustment and works good on a gun you will be shooting longer distances and need to make adjustments for. I also have the BAC and santa just brought me a second one in red 3x9 BAC. Now I have the opposite problem you do, I need to figure out which gun to put it on or just buy another. Humm what shoots 400yard MPBR?

wbedient
City: Tonasket
Favorite Firearm: ar15
Next Firearm: pmr30

Re: Which Trijicon to buy

Post by wbedient » Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:42 pm

I guess it depends on what you're going to use it for?

I've got a TA01NSN model ACOG. I had one in the Army but switched optics when I deployed and ended up with an "Orange Chevron" version. When I got home I bought the crosshair version because I prefer the accuracy of the crosshair to the speed of a chevron. I bought a $100 Chinese copy and put it on a M&P15-22 so I could practice close quarters stuff for cheap. In my experience these are a great scope.
Reticle looks like this: Image

Here is the .308 scope that I would recommend: http://www.trijicon.com/na_en/products/ ... =TA11J-308