Spyderco Manix2

Gear Discussion / Reviews ...
Chrisw
Rookie Member
City: Spokane Valley

Spyderco Manix2

Post by Chrisw » Fri Dec 23, 2011 1:07 pm

Does anyone have experience with this knife? I am very interested in it for a new edc. I cant find anywhere local that carries the knife so I can take a look at it. My concern is that it will be to tall (from top of blade to bottom of handle) while folded to carry around in my pocket every day. Let me know what you think.

Thanks,
Chris

http://www.spyderco.com/catalog/details.php?product=592

CAG
Accomplished Gun Trader
City: Spokane
Favorite Firearm: The one in my hand

Re: Spyderco Manix2

Post by CAG » Fri Dec 23, 2011 1:18 pm

That should be a good EDC knife, it is not too large. Sharp Shooting has a new good quantity of Spyderco knives. Not sure if the Manix2 is part or their inventory but may be worth a look.
Curtis

Chrisw
Rookie Member
City: Spokane Valley

Post by Chrisw » Mon Jan 02, 2012 9:53 am

Still no luck finding locally. I'm going to order it anyway.

Thanks,
Chris

bladebum
Retired Global Moderator, SGT Administrator and Founding member
State: WA
Favorite Firearm: Glock 41
SGT Supporter: Yes

Post by bladebum » Mon Jan 02, 2012 11:03 am

Manix 2 C101GPBBK2 Looks like a nice item. Has the new ball bearing lock system and proud liners for a non-slip grip. The clip is attached towards the very end of the scales so like most Spyderco's, the clip and only about 1" (or less) of the knife butt will protrude over the top of the pocket (best guess). Let me know if you get one as I'd love to see one close up... :)

Manix 2 C101PBL2 is a cheaper version, and not near as nice EDC item (poor clip design, rivited together, etc) IMHO. If I were to buy one, I would get the Manix 2 C101GPBBK2 version. :)
Fate whispers to the warrior, "You cannot withstand the storm" The warrior whispers back, "I am the storm"
"I am a sheepdog, I live to protect the flock and confront the wolf" Lt. Col. Dave Grossman
"Life is Short, Don't Waste It"

scottb
Favorite Firearm: K&K 45USP
Next Firearm: Glock 21SF

Post by scottb » Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:01 am

I have several Spyderco's and this one is one of my favorites. I wished I had found this site earlier so I could have provided some details for you on this blade. You should also look at the manix 2 translucent blue, which is an awesome blade to.