eph411
SGT Premium Supporter
City: Spokane Valley
Favorite Firearm: Glock 20
Next Firearm: Dan Wesson Razorback
SGT Supporter: Yes

Burris Speed Dot

Post by eph411 » Fri Mar 30, 2012 1:06 pm

So I purchased a Burris XTS Speed Dot back in late 2008 for my AR-15. It was a more economical option for me than an Aimpoint, but a better quality scope than a lot of the knock offs, and overall I've been pleased with it. Then last spring the thing started acting a little buggy, and by the fall it was getting to the point where it was not working about 50% of the time.

Since Burris only has a one year warranty on electronic optics, I started researching other options as a replacement. Then about a month ago, on recommendation from my wife, I called Burris just to get an estimate on what a repair might cost. The gentleman I spoke to said, "Just send it in an we'll take care of it." So I shipped it to Burris via UPS last Tuesday, and tracking showed it was received last Friday. Today I received back via UPS, exactly one week after it was received, a brand new optic from Burris. :mrgreen:

So I had to take the opportunity to share my wonderful experience with Burris. I was impressed enough with the optic over the last few years, but blown away by their no hassle customer service even though the item was well beyond warranty. What a great company with which to do business, and an AMERICAN company nonetheless! I hope my experience will inspire others to buy Burris with confidence.

jcall34
Serious Gun Trader
City: Spokane
Favorite Firearm: Glock26, AR 15, AK74

Re: Burris Speed Dot

Post by jcall34 » Fri Mar 30, 2012 3:25 pm

Thats good to know! Thanks! 8-)
ENGAGE. SECURE. DEFEND.
JC THE AMERICAN INFIDEL

brettov
SGT Premium Supporter
City: Colville
State: WA
Favorite Firearm: 1911
Next Firearm: Big Bore Revolver

Post by brettov » Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:02 pm

That is very cool .Glad to hear Burris took care of you .That is the exact opposite of how BSA treated me on my one and only purchase from them .
From the Federalist Papers: “The purpose of the United States Constitution is to limit the power of the federal government not the American people.”

wagon
SGT Premium Supporter
State: WA

Post by wagon » Tue Apr 03, 2012 4:16 pm

Thanks for sharing the good experience, I can sleep well with my FastFire RDS :-)

CAG
Accomplished Gun Trader
Favorite Firearm: The one in my hand

Post by CAG » Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:08 pm

Thanks for sharing; I have had a similar experience with Burris involving a scope. Their customer service seems to be top notch.
Curtis

brentwoodpark

Post by brentwoodpark » Sun Apr 29, 2012 7:54 am

Some of the Burris line has been produced in recent years within the Phillipines, what about the speed dot?

ktmrocks
City: Rathdrum
Favorite Firearm: Glock 22 - Gen. 4

Post by ktmrocks » Fri May 18, 2012 6:08 am

Thanks for the report. Good to know. Sounds like you got a smart wife too.
Turning off the radio I said; "I now know that anything that's too stupid to be said, has to be sung"