Gear Discussion / Reviews ...
EWU92
SGT Premium Supporter
City: Spokane
Favorite Firearm: Winchester
Next Firearm: Taurus Judge

XD GEAR

Post by EWU92 » Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:23 pm

Does anyone actually use their XD Gear? I find the components which came with my XDM, expecially the holster, and magazine carrier, to be slightly better than nothing at all, with the holster being much more functional than the magazine carrier.
This account is shared by two brothers. So don't assume it's me because it could be him.

super_duper
City: Everett Wa
Favorite Firearm: 1911

Re: XD GEAR

Post by super_duper » Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:24 am

Out of all the XD pistols I have had I never did use any of the gear. At least with the XDm pistols they give you a paddle holster in stead of the goofy belt slide one for the regular XD

EWU92
SGT Premium Supporter
City: Spokane
Favorite Firearm: Winchester
Next Firearm: Taurus Judge

Post by EWU92 » Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:20 am

super_duper wrote:Out of all the XD pistols I have had I never did use any of the gear. At least with the XDm pistols they give you a paddle holster in stead of the goofy belt slide one for the regular XD
I have used the paddle holster with my xdm, and it is functional, problem is the paddle is too small, in terms of surface area, and it causes the weapon to roll into your side.
This account is shared by two brothers. So don't assume it's me because it could be him.

Lonny509
SGT Premium Supporter
City: Spokane Valley, WA
Favorite Firearm: All of them!
Next Firearm: 1911

Post by Lonny509 » Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:51 am

I use the XDs holster. It may not be the best holster out there, but it works and it was free. I have never used the mag holder. The purpose was concealment and light weight, so need to carry around two extra magazines.

Backlash
SGT Premium Supporter
City: IDAHO
Favorite Firearm: Springfield XDs .45

Post by Backlash » Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:55 am

I used my Paddle holster for my XDm for a while. it's ok. (the old style belt holster SUCKED)
the mag holder isn't "bad" either. I have the 3.8 XDm.. so the extra mags have the sleeve on them. Hard to find a double stack mag pouch that can hold a 13rd mag WITH sleeve..
sure I can find a kydex style that holds it further away from my body than the XD gear one.. but that defeats the purpose. I found an Uncle Mike's pouch that holds two mags.. that will velcro shut, but it's kinda bulky.

If you don't have an upLula.. the XD gear loader works great.
Now two flags fly above my land that really sum up how I feel. One is the colors that fly high and proud, the Red/White/Blue. The other ones got a Rattle snake with a simple statement made, Don't Tread on Me is what it says and I'll take that to my grave.