Camelbak Trizip Review

Gear Discussion / Reviews ...
boobaru
Apprentice Gun Trader
City: hell
SGT Supporter: Yes

Camelbak Trizip Review

Post by boobaru » Sat Jan 08, 2011 3:31 pm

Being an outdoorsman I cover a lot of ground off road. Having the proper bag is key to enjoying your adventure. I have tried many bags and choosing a modern externally framed bag adds adjustability for added user comfort. My recent purchase has me very much satisfied. The camelbak line of products has served me well over the years. Their new Trizip is a high volume tactical bag built w/ a higher level of durability than their sporting line of hydration bags. It came w/ their new reservoir that is 3 time as strong as the normal hydration bag and it has durable quick detach connections that add a higher level of usability. The old style reservoir had issues w/ the tube separating from the bag and the mouthpiece. These problems are no more w/ the new system.

The main compartment has a thin divider to help organize your gear and provide plenty of space to hold gear and even a large coat should you need to. Inside the bag are two small net style pockets mounted high on the sides for the storage of small items such as your MP3 player. These pockets have small access ports to run your headphones out of but no worries, they have velcro flaps to seal them. The bottom of the bag has a grommet hole for any spillage that might happen inside the bag. The hydration bag has its own compartment against your back and even has a strap to keep the bladder from collapsing into the bottom. There are 4 different hose ports in the bag giving you many options as to how you want to run the drinking tube. Oh and did I mention the tube came Insulated! ;)

Externally the bag has much webbing for any accessories you may want to add. And it also has two zippered side pockets for easy access to small items and one of them has a built in organizer for small items like tools, pens etc.

This bag is well designed and very functional! The bags sholder straps and waist straps are heavily padded. The bag distributes even a heavy load very well, drastically reducing fatigue cased by pressure points. The portion of the bag against your back is well padded as well. All of this padding is the mesh style giving very good ventilation.

My overall impression of this bag is very good! Having used it in extreme cold and still finding it easy to use even w/ heavy gloves adds greatly to my satisfaction w/ this bag. It is a large bag so if you need a pack for short excursions this may not be the bag for you. But that does not necessarily mean you have to fill it. I will be using this bag through every season. I never tend to pack light and even if I do I like the simplicity of using just one bag. I chose the muticam because it fits our terrain better.
http://www.camelbak.com/government-mili ... rizip.aspx
Last edited by boobaru on Sun Jan 09, 2011 4:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.

rgrady35
Apprentice Gun Trader
City: Spokane Valley
State: WA

Re: Camelbak Trizip Review

Post by rgrady35 » Sun Jan 09, 2011 2:19 pm

Wow, a bit spendy for this poor boy.

boobaru
Apprentice Gun Trader
City: hell
SGT Supporter: Yes

Re: Camelbak Trizip Review

Post by boobaru » Sun Jan 09, 2011 4:00 pm

MSRP is always high. I got mine from Botac Tactical for $190 after shipping. I didnt think that it was all that bad for what I got.