SGT Premium Supporter
City: Colville
State: WA
Favorite Firearm: 1911
Next Firearm: Big Bore Revolver
SGT Supporter: Yes

Blackhawk Sportster Serpa

Post by brettov » Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:40 am

I have never used a paddle holster befor . How well do these things conceal . I would guess that all brands are about the same in that regard . But let me know what you think . Thanks .
From the Federalist Papers: “The purpose of the United States Constitution is to limit the power of the federal government not the American people.”

bladebum
Retired Global Moderator, SGT Administrator and Founding member
City: Spokane
Favorite Firearm: Glock 41

Re: Blackhawk Sportster Serpa

Post by bladebum » Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:21 am

What gun will you be putting in it? I use paddle holsters alot because I need to have my gun off/on several times during the day. I carry S&W .357 J frame or M&P compact or Glock 17 full size. No problem with a coat.
Fate whispers to the warrior, "You cannot withstand the storm" The warrior whispers back, "I am the storm"
"I am a sheepdog, I live to protect the flock and confront the wolf" Lt. Col. Dave Grossman
"Life is Short, Don't Waste It"

brettov
SGT Premium Supporter

Post by brettov » Wed Mar 02, 2011 12:58 pm

Thanks bladebum . It would be a full size Glock .I usually carry IWB . But I thought I might try something different .
From the Federalist Papers: “The purpose of the United States Constitution is to limit the power of the federal government not the American people.”

jc.knight
SGT Premium Supporter
City: Spokane Valley
Favorite Firearm: MINE
Next Firearm: Glock 30S

Post by jc.knight » Wed Mar 02, 2011 1:41 pm

I carry a full size SiG P220 in a Serpa paddle. It hides well under a jacket.
Strategic is when you get reports about fighting.
Operational is when you hear shots fired.
Tactical is when you’re taking fire!

wagunguy
Accomplished Gun Trader
City: Washington

Post by wagunguy » Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:29 pm

I like my IWB carry. Almost better than my belt holster. What IWB are you using?

ttventures
SGT Premium Supporter
City: E WA

Post by ttventures » Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:27 pm

good holster, but only concealable with a coat

brettov
SGT Premium Supporter

Post by brettov » Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:20 am

wagunguy wrote:I like my IWB carry. Almost better than my belt holster. What IWB are you using?

Thanks wagonguy . I have several handguns and several IWB holsters . Highnoon , Uncle Mikes , Simply Rugged Cuda with straps , and a Kolster . I thought I might try something differenton: form-dciven up on the Serpaon: fcan't get over indexing my finger over the trigger to push the button and drawon: forderd a belt slide combat holster from Glock Store . com that rides high and was inexpensive to try outon: fdon't mind IWB most of the time butfdon't like it for driving .

wagunguy
Accomplished Gun Trader
City: Washington

Post by wagunguy » Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:18 pm

That Kolster looks pretty decent. I carry my G19 in a MTAC with a serious forward cant right behind my right hip bone, about 4-5 o'clock I guess. It's pretty comfy even when I drive. Might depend what kind of seat you have in your car also. Sounds like you have quite a collection, I'm envious! I also have a Stingray belt holster but it really isn't very concealable under a shirt. With a coat it's just fine. I also find it comfy for driving.

brettov
SGT Premium Supporter

Post by brettov » Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:00 pm

brettov wrote:
wagunguy wrote:I like my IWB carry. Almost better than my belt holster. What IWB are you using?

Thanks wagonguy . I have several handguns and several IWB holsters . Highnoon , Uncle Mikes , Simply Rugged Cuda with straps , and a Kolster . I thought I might try something differenton: form-dciven up on the Serpaon: fcan't get over indexing my finger over the trigger to push the button and drawon: forderd a belt slide combat holster from Glock Store . com that rides high and was inexpensive to try outon: fdon't mind IWB most of the time butfdon't like it for driving .

LOL .I don't know what happend but it almost looks like I was drinking when I posted this . I tried to write that I didn't like the idea of how your finger indexes on the button when you draw with the Serpa . So I orderd a belt slide kydex from Glock Store.com .

brettov
SGT Premium Supporter

Post by brettov » Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:08 pm

wagunguy wrote:That Kolster looks pretty decent. I carry my G19 in a MTAC with a serious forward cant right behind my right hip bone, about 4-5 o'clock I guess. It's pretty comfy even when I drive. Might depend what kind of seat you have in your car also. Sounds like you have quite a collection, I'm envious! I also have a Stingray belt holster but it really isn't very concealable under a shirt. With a coat it's just fine. I also find it comfy for driving.

That MTAC is a very nice holster . I have gotten to where if I am spending more than $50 or so I order a Simply Rugged . I became aquainted with Rob Leahy on several other forums and he is as nice a guy as you will meet .

SaintInsaneMe
Serious Gun Trader
City: Spokane
Next Firearm: A Revolver

Post by SaintInsaneMe » Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:11 am

brettov wrote:I thought I might try something differenton: form-dciven up on the Serpaon: fcan't get over indexing my finger over the trigger to push the button and drawon: forderd a belt slide combat holster from Glock Store . com that rides high and was inexpensive to try outon: fdon't mind IWB most of the time butfdon't like it for driving .
sad part is, i understood it completely :lol: :lol:
i've been wondering this same question myself, debating on if i want to switch from my current carry posistion to a paddle holster. the coat thing would be ok during the winter, but during the warmer weather i only wear a t-shirt so i don't think a paddle would work for me. i love sgt, i save money just reading posts!

for driving with IWB holsters, i clip the clip to the left side of my belt buckle with the pistol handle facing towards my right side and lay the barrel along my inner left thigh. that way when you sit, the barrel just slides in between your legs and boys and the handle sits under your gut. not very good for long range trips, but great for popping around town.
May a little luck be with you always!