***READ THIS BEFORE POSTING ON SGT***Wa. State Gun Ban SHB 1240 April 25, 2023**REVISED FEB 16 2024

Post handguns FOR SALE here...
Forum rules
It is every member's responsibility to know and follow all local, State & Federal laws regarding the sale or transfer of firearms/parts/etc...in their respective jurisdictions. No illegal activity will be allowed here on SGT. This is a zero tolerance rule and will be strictly enforced. Violators will be banned permanently. Proceed solely at your own risk.
bladebum
Retired Global Moderator, SGT Administrator and Founding member
City: Spokane
State: WA
SGT Supporter: Yes

***READ THIS BEFORE POSTING ON SGT***Wa. State Gun Ban SHB 1240 April 25, 2023**REVISED FEB 16 2024

Post by bladebum » Sun Aug 06, 2023 6:05 pm

Ok guys, we lost the original posting of the Wa State Assault Weapon Ban, so I'll reprint it now the best I can.
Also, I'll condense the different sections in an attempt to make it a bit more understandable. As always, please let us know if you have any questions.
Here goes...

SHB 1240 link:
https://rb.gy/x9h6j

"Assault weapon" means:
(i) Any of the following specific firearms regardless of which company produced and manufactured the firearm: (Lots, see above link).

(Any semiautomatic rifle)
(ii) A semiautomatic rifle that has an overall length of less than 30 inches;

(Parts)
(iii) A conversion kit, part, or combination of parts, from which an assault weapon can be assembled or from which a firearm can be converted into an assault weapon
if those parts are in the possession or under the control of the same person;

(All Semiautomatic, center fire rifle)
(iv) A semiautomatic, center fire rifle that has the capacity to accept a detachable magazine and has one or more of the following:
(A) A grip that is independent or detached from the stock that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action of the weapon.
The addition of a fin attaching the grip to the stock does not exempt the grip if it otherwise resembles the grip on a pistol;
(B) Thumbhole stock;
(C) Folding or telescoping stock;
(D) Forward pistol, vertical, angled, or other grip designed for use by the nonfiring hand to improve control;
(E) Flash suppressor, flash guard, flash eliminator, flash hider, sound suppressor, silencer, or any item designed to reduce the visual or audio signature of the firearm;
(F) Muzzle brake, recoil compensator, or any item designed to be affixed to the barrel to reduce recoil or muzzle rise;
(G) Threaded barrel designed to attach a flash suppressor, sound suppressor, muzzle break, or similar item;
(H) Grenade launcher or flare launcher; or
(I) A shroud that encircles either all or part of the barrel designed to shield the bearer's hand from heat,
except a solid forearm of a stock that covers only the bottom of the barrel;
(v) A semiautomatic, center fire rifle that has a fixed magazine with the capacity to accept more than 10 rounds;

(All Semiautomatic pistols)
(vi) A semiautomatic pistol that has the capacity to accept a detachable magazine and has one or more of the following:
(A) A threaded barrel, capable of accepting a flash suppressor, forward handgrip, or silencer;
(B) A second hand grip;
(C) A shroud that encircles either all or part of the barrel designed to shield the bearer's hand from heat, except a solid forearm of a stock that covers only the bottom of the barrel; or
(D) The capacity to accept a detachable magazine at some location outside of the pistol grip;

(All Semiautomatic shotguns)
(vii) A semiautomatic shotgun that has any of the following:
(A) A folding or telescoping stock;
(B) A grip that is independent or detached from the stock that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action of the weapon.
The addition of a fin attaching the grip to the stock does not exempt the grip if it otherwise resembles the grip on a pistol;
(C) A thumbhole stock;
(D) A forward pistol, vertical, angled, or other grip designed for use by the nonfiring hand to improve control;
(E) A fixed magazine in excess of seven rounds; or
(F) A revolving cylinder shotgun.
(b) For the purposes of this subsection, "fixed magazine" means an ammunition feeding device contained in, or permanently attached to,
a firearm in such a manner that the device cannot be removed without disassembly of the firearm action.
(c) "Assault weapon" does not include antique firearms (manufactured in or before 1898), any firearm that has been made permanently inoperable, or any firearm that is manually operated by bolt, pump, lever, or slide action.

Board Disclaimers
Individual Parts:
Due to the stupidity of the democrat lawmakers in Washington State, this (these) item(s) are now banned as part of the "Assault Weapon" ban and not allowed to be posted on SGT.
You may offer to sell to a FFL only. Items posted in a combo ad that are not part of the ban may be reposted separately. This ad has been archived.
Also, board discussion (info) here: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=184273

Idaho Residents:
You may continue to post your State / Federal legal items that are banned in Wa State on SGT with a clear disclaimer.
"Idaho resident to Idaho resident sale only. No sales to a Washington resident"
Ads without a disclaimer will be archived without notice.

Washington Residents: You may offer to sell to a FFL only (as described in the Wa State Assault Weapon Ban). Sale to an Idaho resident only with a legal interstate transfer is allowed (Must have the Idaho disclaimer).
Also, board discussion (info) here: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=184730
Fate whispers to the warrior, "You cannot withstand the storm" The warrior whispers back, "I am the storm"
"I am a sheepdog, I live to protect the flock and confront the wolf" Lt. Col. Dave Grossman
"Life is Short, Don't Waste It"

JeremyD
Site Owner
City: Suncrest
Favorite Firearm: AR's
Next Firearm: Gold ones!!

Re: Wa. State Gun Ban SHB 1240 April 25, 2023

Post by JeremyD » Wed Jan 10, 2024 7:43 pm

I will be issuing formal warnings followed by deleting and bans for ads without the disclaimer for WA banned items.

You all know by now.

I don't have the time to add it for you fellas :|

JD
Veritatem Cognoscere

JeremyD
Site Owner
City: Suncrest
Favorite Firearm: AR's
Next Firearm: Gold ones!!

Re: Wa. State Gun Ban SHB 1240 April 25, 2023

Post by JeremyD » Fri Feb 16, 2024 3:45 pm

Alright. This continues to come up despite all of our efforts to draw it out in crayon for all here so, I will no longer issue warnings and delete ads.
From this point forward, If illegal items are listed without a proper state disclaimer, I will delete the ad and permanently ban the OP. No more second, third and fourth chances.
I haven't the time to continue to read and interpret the laws for you...We are all grown ups here.
I don't like it either and am putting money toward every pro 2-A organization known to man.
I have received more than 1 friendly warning from law enforcement about this and am not going to risk shutting the site down due to member's negligence.

Help me Help you.

It's pretty simple.

JD
Veritatem Cognoscere