Important WA Legislation - LINK: WA gun restrictions still pending: contact your representatives and make some noise! - (Click X to dismiss) ------->

19X

Discuss Glock pistols and Glock related topics...
lyons
Apprentice Gun Trader
City, State: Spokane
Next Firearm: Glock 17 Gen 1

19X

Post by lyons » Tue Feb 06, 2018 6:12 pm

Anyone else get to play with a 19X? So far I'm a big fan. I wasn't excited when I heard about it, then I held one and had to have it. Once I shot it I fell in love. Just wish it came in 45.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell

Huskyoff
Site Admin
City, State: Spokane, Wa
Next Firearm: HK SP5K
SGT Supporter: Yes

Re: 19X

Post by Huskyoff » Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:31 pm

I like the idea of it. I wish it came in black. I have never held one though. If they release in black, I'll likely want one.
"Elitist Web Site Maker."

:gun: WTB:
  • HK SP5k
  • M&P 9mm Compact

10mmshooter
SGT Premium Supporter

Post by 10mmshooter » Thu Feb 08, 2018 2:19 pm

Picked one up.

So far, I like it. Ordered some extra mags. Probably going to half "Roland Special" it. Everything but the RMR

I have big hands so the big grip is nice.

JeremyD
SGT Classifieds Moderator
City, State: Spokane, WA
Favorite Firearm: mp7
SGT Supporter: Yes

Post by JeremyD » Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:44 am

I liked it so much, I bought two :D

Feels like a Glock and shoots like a Sig.

The Match barrel Glock used in these actually makes a significant difference (at least for me it did) in the accuracy of this pistol.

It is not a likely to be a CCP for you but, it is accurate as heck and the capacity is very nice :) (1x17rds and 2x 19rds come with it).

This one is a must have for Glock fans.
"America is all about speed. Hot, nasty, badass speed." -Eleanor Roosevelt, 1936

lyons
Apprentice Gun Trader
City, State: Spokane
Next Firearm: Glock 17 Gen 1

Post by lyons » Sat Feb 10, 2018 3:23 pm

Ive been carrying mine around concealed without issue. Maybe a different story in the summer.

The gen 5 trigger is really nice. Feels smoother with a crisper break.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell

sgav8r
City, State: Richland
Favorite Firearm: Sig P228
Next Firearm: Kimber 1911

Post by sgav8r » Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:57 pm

When I first saw the 19X I was like "really Glock...cmon?" The msrp (749) was enough to make me balk at the thing. I even texted a pic or two of it with buddies, making fun of it.

But then the funniest thing happened. I was seeing it online more and more and I kept getting intrigued by it, little by little. Finally one day I was like... FINE.... I'll watch some YouTube videos and look up online prices. By the end of that day I had decided my tax refund would be allocated to a 19X, provided I could get it locally for UNDER $700 (online prices seemed to be 650 and up). So the search commenced.

Within a couple days I was surprised to find it in stock at a LGS for $599. Needless to say one came home with me that day. I could not be happier with it. Granted I only have 500 rounds thru it so far but it's such a pleasure to shoot. I have had two other gen 4 Glock 19s (one of which I still own) and I love them. They've always been my go to choice for EDC. I also have a CZ P10c which had sort of become my recent favorite 9mm to train with. I'm rethinking this now because of the 19X.

I never would have imagined that something as mundane as a "19 slide on a 17 grip" would be so amazing, but it seriously seems to achieve some sort of "zen" state of balance and feel! Silly I know, but try one out for yourself and see if what I'm saying isn't true!