SGT Premium Supporter
City: Hayden
State: ID
Favorite Firearm: 1911
Next Firearm: 338 Lapua
SGT Supporter: Yes

OTF Raven Crest

Post by Orphan » Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:02 pm

Just got a RTC-1 Reaper a week ago so far its great knife. Anyone else have experience with Raven Crest Tactical?

Torakan
SGT Premium Supporter
City: CDA
Favorite Firearm: AAC MPW
Next Firearm: Uzi/MP5/Mac-10

Re: OTF Raven Crest

Post by Torakan » Sun Jan 07, 2018 8:11 am

Microtech knock offs manufactured in China. 440C blade steel and zink alloy handles always scream made in China. From what I read they do QC them and adjust the knives that don’t work well or don’t have good fit and finish. Does your knife have anything that says it’s actually made in the US? I have a good friend in Chandler that says they hit all the gun shows and have some really over the top marketing.
Iraq Combat Veteran
Infantry Master Gunner
US Army Retired

Orphan
SGT Premium Supporter

Post by Orphan » Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:53 am

I doubt any of it is made in the US, they were up front about the 440 SS and the fact that it was made in China. The fit and finish are nice on the one I received. O paid the sale price I would not have spent the money at the full price. I wanted an auto knife that I could abuse and not worry about it, cutting cardboard etc. I carry a Spyderco Embassy in my other pocket that I do not use for everyday stuff.

Orphan
SGT Premium Supporter

Post by Orphan » Sun Jan 07, 2018 3:15 pm

Stumbled on to a much less expensive way to go today at the Quartzsite AZ gun show. Blackphantomtatical.com has the exact same knife for a lot less, My sale price was only 20 more but Black tactical sales prices should be a lot less expensive. Exact same knife I held them side by side.