henry announces 327 federal lever action carbine

Discuss all things rifles and shotguns...
ron
SGT Premium Supporter
City: Cheney
State: WA
Favorite Firearm: G20SF
Next Firearm: Flintlock Rifle

henry announces 327 federal lever action carbine

Post by ron » Tue Dec 06, 2016 11:45 pm

Government is not reason, it is not eloquence — it is force. Like fire it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master; never for a moment should it be left to irresponsible action.

Roland the Headless
Gun Trader
City: Spokane
State: Wa
Favorite Firearm: single 7/ henry .327
Next Firearm: none no more

Re: henry announces 327 federal lever action carbine

Post by Roland the Headless » Wed Dec 07, 2016 7:59 am

Yahoo!!!!!! Yall know I want one. the price is a lil high, but I will deal with it
paddle or pan see ya on the creek
.22 Henry .22 Wrangler .22 mkII
.357 Taurus old style m66 4in
.327 Taurus m 327 2in .327 Henry .327 Single 7
.38 spl S&W 642 CCW

ron
SGT Premium Supporter

Post by ron » Wed Dec 07, 2016 11:34 am

Roland the Headless wrote:Yahoo!!!!!! Yall know I want one. the price is a lil high, but I will deal with it

I knew you'd be interested, but as far as price, the"Street price" or what they actually sell for for once they're on the market, is generally $100.00 lower than MSRP. In fact, Cabela's lists the Henry Big Boy Steel Round-Barrel Lever-Action Rifles for $699.99 but they do not show either the 327 mag rifles or the 41 magnum rifles which have been on the market for over a year now, All they show is the most common, most popular chamberings, 357, 44 mag and 45 Colt, but you should call them at the post falls store and ask if they can order you a 327 mag rifle as soon as they are available. (208) 777-6300

I've had them do this for me with Buffalo Bore ammo in calibers and bullet weights that they don't normally carry or don't have in stock, and they also have a provision for ordering firearms online that they don't normally stock.

Cabela's Henry rifles:

http://www.cabelas.com/product/shooting ... 526080.uts

Cabela's ordering online:

http://www.cabelas.com/custserv/custser ... Guidelines
Government is not reason, it is not eloquence — it is force. Like fire it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master; never for a moment should it be left to irresponsible action.

Roland the Headless
Gun Trader
State: Wa
Favorite Firearm: single 7/ henry .327
Next Firearm: none no more

Post by Roland the Headless » Wed Dec 07, 2016 12:37 pm

gonna have to wait til summer I gota save fer xmas
I got kids and grandkids

but its next
paddle or pan see ya on the creek
.22 Henry .22 Wrangler .22 mkII
.357 Taurus old style m66 4in
.327 Taurus m 327 2in .327 Henry .327 Single 7
.38 spl S&W 642 CCW

John E Davies
SGT Premium Supporter
Favorite Firearm: All of them

Post by John E Davies » Sat Dec 10, 2016 9:48 am

I too am really interesting in this gun. I love lever actions but don't hunt and I don't currently have one. This will be a great flat shooting companion to my SP101. I will get the Steel 20 inch for the extra velocity. If early web reviews show that there are no gains with the longer barrel, I'll get the carbine and swap out the big loop lever....

Please let us know when these become available.

I wish it were an old Marlin, but I will take a new Henry before I would spend a fortune buying a Marlin 1894 in .32H&R Mag, getting it rechambered, and killing its collector value.

http://lipseys.com/itemdetail.aspx?itemno=HNH012M327

John Davies

ron
SGT Premium Supporter

Post by ron » Sat Dec 10, 2016 10:05 am

John E Davies wrote:I too am really interesting in this gun. I love lever actions but don't hunt and I don't currently have one. This will be a great flat shooting companion to my SP101. I will get the Steel 20 inch for the extra velocity. If early web reviews show that there are no gains with the longer barrel, I'll get the carbine and swap out the big loop lever....

Please let us know when these become available.

I wish it were an old Marlin, but I will take a new Henry before I would spend a fortune buying a Marlin 1894 in .32H&R Mag, getting it rechambered, and killing its collector value.

http://lipseys.com/itemdetail.aspx?itemno=HNH012M327

John Davies

The 327 federal burns a lot of powder out of a small bore cartridge and would be more likely to gain significant velocity from 4 more inches of barrel than would something like a 45-70 which burns much less powder relative to it's bore diameter.

If you want to know when these rifles will be available, try calling the Post Falls Cabelas, who carry Henry lever actions, and find out if they can order you one when they become available. (208) 777-6300

Call them and let us know if they would be willing to do this. Otherwise you might have to get one online from Bud's guns which lists the 41 magnum guns while Cabela's does not, though Cabelas might be able to order guns from the same manufacturer that they normally don't have in stock. Bud's prices are low and they offer free shipping, though you'd have to pay for FFL.

https://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/ind ... 36_107_980

T-Bone
City: Rockford,WA
Favorite Firearm: Marlin 30-30 Cowboy
Next Firearm: Ithaca M37 16ga

Post by T-Bone » Thu Dec 15, 2016 7:40 am

The White Elephant stores and Black Sheep carry Henry rifles and do special orders on them, as well. Their everyday prices are generally at or lower than Cabela's sale prices, as well.

ron
SGT Premium Supporter

Post by ron » Thu Dec 15, 2016 10:12 pm

T-Bone wrote:The White Elephant stores and Black Sheep carry Henry rifles and do special orders on them, as well. Their everyday prices are generally at or lower than Cabela's sale prices, as well.
There's a NIB Brass-framed 44 mag henry on the Rifles for sale forum right now for $600 firm (not interested in trades or lower offers) I mention this just to give you an Idea what you can pick one of these up for used in one of the more common calibers.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=109547

I really want one of these guns, but I want a 41 magnum.

What the guy actually says in the ad is, " I am not interested in any trades or selling for less than my asking price." Well put. I think that's a very nice way of saying don't even bother trying to lowball me because I'm just not interested. But that's what "firm" means, and if you don't specify "Firm" then you might as well just say, "OBO".

Elk Stalker 45-70
Serious Gun Trader
City: Kingston
State: ID
Favorite Firearm: 1885 Highwall 45-70
Next Firearm: Winchester 1886

Post by Elk Stalker 45-70 » Sat Jan 07, 2017 10:43 pm

FYI: There was a Henry 41magnum Blued model on the shelf at BlackSheep yesterday. Nice rifle! It was hard to walk away from.

John E Davies
SGT Premium Supporter

Post by John E Davies » Sun Mar 12, 2017 7:49 am

I handled a 20 inch BB brass and a BB Steel in .45 Long Colt and wow, these are chunky rifles. I expect the Steel carbine feels a little less like an anchor, but with a tiny .32 bore that barrel is going to weigh more than the .45 by a noticeable amount.

Why are Henry's so darned porky? The Marlin 1894 is a full pound lighter with a 20 inch barrel, though the Marlin .32 H&R version was a little heavier. The Rossi 92 with 16.5 inch barrel in .45LC is under 5 pounds.

Could a gunsmith lighten one unobtrusively by milling the barrel where it would not show?

I can't find a BB Steel Carbine anywhere to handle. Do they feel a little more handy? I wouldn't consider doing any mod on a collectable Marlin, but I would't hesitate to do it to a Henry.

John Davies
Spokane

John E Davies
SGT Premium Supporter

Post by John E Davies » Sat Aug 12, 2017 4:49 am

These rifles are shipping now. If anyone sees one locally please post where... and which model.

Every shop I have been into sells the popular calibers. Mostly the brass frames. When I say "Big Boy Steel carbine...." I just get blank looks. When I add "in .327 Federal Mag" their look gets even more confused.

John Davies
Spokane

Doug Helton
SGT Premium Supporter
City: spokane
Favorite Firearm: side by side shotgun
Next Firearm: any 32

Post by Doug Helton » Sat Aug 12, 2017 5:55 am

We were at double eagle of Francis yesterday and they had a 327 and 41 mag Henry's on the shelf , I did not look at thte price . The 327 had a big loop lever

John E Davies
SGT Premium Supporter

Post by John E Davies » Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:37 am

Doug Helton wrote:We were at double eagle of Francis yesterday and they had a 327 and 41 mag Henry's on the shelf , I did not look at thte price . The 327 had a big loop lever
Cool, were they steel or brass frame? The big loop is the carbine (16 inch barrel).

https://www.henryusa.com/rifles/henry-big-boy-steel/

John Davies
Spokane

Doug Helton
SGT Premium Supporter
City: spokane
Favorite Firearm: side by side shotgun
Next Firearm: any 32

Post by Doug Helton » Sun Aug 13, 2017 4:53 am

Steel I believe