Ruger Ranch vs. Mossburg MVP

Discuss all things rifles and shotguns...
RTBludau
City: Spokane
Favorite Firearm: Kimber .45
Next Firearm: one for my son

Ruger Ranch vs. Mossburg MVP

Post by RTBludau » Wed Dec 20, 2017 3:47 pm

I've watched the reviews, fondled both and did as much home work as I could. Has anyone shot one or both? Give me your take...

Thanks, and Keep your powder dry!

Blacklion66
SGT Premium Supporter
City: Northport, WA
Favorite Firearm: S&W GOVENOR
Next Firearm: 25-20

Re: Ruger Ranch vs. Mossburg MVP

Post by Blacklion66 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 4:45 pm

Have three Rugers, all are dependable, none are X shooters. Find someone local with one you can try, have plenty of ammo ☺☺

ghillieinthemist
SGT Premium Supporter
City: Post Falls, ID
Favorite Firearm: R25 in .243
Next Firearm: ???????

Post by ghillieinthemist » Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:20 am

you want a Mossberg buy a shotgun...You want a Rifle...Mossberg is probably not the first choice. Ruger has more time and research into rifles. I've always found Mossberg Rifles to be a bit sloppy in the design of the action...IMO...I've had a few.
Do or do not there is no try.

ChaseK
City: Fruitland Washingto
Favorite Firearm: Custom Creedmoor
Next Firearm: Henry 45-70

Post by ChaseK » Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:01 pm

I bought the ruger American predator model in 6.5 Creedmoor. For the 550 price tag I am absolutely shocked at the list of features it came with. Factory threaded 18" medium heavy barrel a adjustable trigger which I am incredibly pleased with. Not only the ease of adjustment but the quality of the trigger pull also. Rifle came from the factory with a vortex diamondback 4-12 that I easily go out to 500 yards with. As with most of these guns my only complaint was the stock. Was definitely cheaply made with a lot of flex and required some sanding to get a true free float. I recently bedded the action in a Boyd's prairie hunter stock And mounted a surefire muzzle brake and bipod and I'm still into this rifle for well under $1000 one of the best budget rifles on the market hands down!
Attachments
IMG_1562.JPG
IMG_1558.JPG
IMG_1554.JPG
IMG_1504.JPG
Brand new from Deere park double eagle.
IMG_1504.JPG (57.22 KiB) Viewed 583 times