Beretta A350 Xtrema review

Discuss all things rifles and shotguns...
Rigger28
SGT Premium Supporter
City: Spokane/Metaline
State: WA
Favorite Firearm: Ruger M77 .375 Ruger
Next Firearm: .410 SxS

Beretta A350 Xtrema review

Post by Rigger28 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:19 pm

I don’t see a lot of new firearms reviews on this site so I thought I would post one just in case someone is searching for a new auto shotgun but couldn’t find much info online like I was a few weeks ago. Approx two weeks ago I ordered a new Beretta A350 Xtrema auto-loader. I paid $1034 out the door. This gun only comes in 12ga with a 28” barrel and Max-5 camo. If you want different gauges/lengths/finishes you will have to go with the A400 which is $600-700 more. The A350 uses the same gas piston system in the A400 and reviews online were very favorable. Once I got it home, I completely stripped it and cleaned all of the packing grease from the gun with birch wood Casey gun scrubber. I then lightly oiled everything EXCEPT the inside of the gas piston with birchwood casey synthetic oil. The camo finish is flawless and I couldn’t find any defects on the gun. The A350 has the safety at the front of the triggerguard which I much prefer because it feels more natural to me. The A350 does not have a magazine stop but you can easily remove shells from the magazine by raising the carrier and pressing in the shell catch. It comes with a green fiber optic bead installed as well as a spare red bead. There is no middle rib bead which I was happy about. The A350 uses the Optima HP choke tube style but it only comes with one MOD choke tube. I’ve already ordered a Carlson’s turkey choke. The A350 does not have the same recoil reduction system as the A400 or a Benelli but it does have a nice recoil pad installed and that, coupled with the gas piston system make it a REALLY nice shooting gun. I took her goose hunting this weekend and with 14 guys we killed 55 honkers on Saturday and 44 honkers on Sunday. I shot one box of Rem Nitro Mag 3” T shot, one box of Hevi-Metal 3” BBB and one box of Kent 3.5” BB without a single malfunction whatsoever. It barely kicks even with the 3.5” shells and the factory MOD choke patterned excellent with everything I put through it. I’ve hunted with a Winchester 1300 pump for the last 19 years so I decided it was time to upgrade and I couldn’t be happier. If you are in the market for a new mid-priced turkey/waterfowl gun take a serious look at the Beretta A350 Xtrema. I’m sure glad I did.
408EF483-5B10-4BDB-837D-FA6F461B4239.jpeg
Goose

ExiledAmerican
SGT Premium Supporter
City: Spokane

Re: Beretta A350 Xtrema review

Post by ExiledAmerican » Sun Apr 29, 2018 6:42 pm

I've been looking at this gun a lot, as well as the Franchi Affinity 3 & 3.5. I'm also using an older Winchester 1300 pump that kicks like a mule, and after a few hours and miles in the woods she starts to weigh me down. Thanks for the honest review!
God made man, Samuel Colt made them equal.

Rigger28
SGT Premium Supporter
City: Spokane/Metaline
Favorite Firearm: Ruger M77 .375 Ruger
Next Firearm: .410 SxS

Re: Beretta A350 Xtrema review

Post by Rigger28 » Mon Apr 30, 2018 7:43 pm

ExiledAmerican wrote:
Sun Apr 29, 2018 6:42 pm
I've been looking at this gun a lot, as well as the Franchi Affinity 3 & 3.5. I'm also using an older Winchester 1300 pump that kicks like a mule, and after a few hours and miles in the woods she starts to weigh me down. Thanks for the honest review!
Yeah dude, I couldn’t be happier with my investment. It’s definitely an upgrade from my Win 1300. I LOVE having that quick follow up of an auto for waterfowl/turkeys and the flexibility of using 3.5” shells for geese is nice too. I love it so much I recently picked up a Remington 1100 LT-20 Sporting 20ga for all my upland hunting!! Before that I used a Win 1200 20ga for upland. Now I have a pair of Winchester pumps sitting in my safe that will probably not get used again until my sons are old enough hahaha. Those Affinity’s are solid, well proven guns though. If you ever want to shoot my Beretta before you make a purchase just PM me and we can meet up sometime.