SGT Premium Supporter
City: Spokane
State: WA
Favorite Firearm: All of them
Next Firearm: The next good deal.
SGT Supporter: Yes

Alien Gear holsters?

Post by thumpar » Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:39 am

Has anyone seen or used one of these? http://aliengearholsters.com/iwb-holste ... tband.html The price is pretty cheap but I am skeptic of the quality. The ad showed up on a website I was looking through.
Why is there never enough time to do it right the first time, But always enough time to do it again? - Don S RIP
2/3rds of the worlds surface would be wasted if it wasn't for boating.

danno266
SGT Premium Supporter
City: Spokane Valley
Favorite Firearm: Pro CDP II
Next Firearm: SBR

Re: Alien Gear holsters?

Post by danno266 » Wed Oct 01, 2014 10:12 am

Of the two I've seen, they are pretty nice quality. One cool feature is if you buy one for a specific pistol, and later decide to replace the pistol with something else, they will exchange the kydex for free. And they are a semi local business.
Part of getting older is learning to focus on what matters and learning to not care about what doesn't.

boarderwayne
Favorite Firearm: m&p 9
Next Firearm: 1911

Post by boarderwayne » Wed Oct 01, 2014 12:09 pm

A friend of mine has a few and loves em, never tried one myself. As danno said they're a local business too, made in Hayden ID.

Spokane
SGT Premium Supporter
Favorite Firearm: Savage .17 SS Bull
Next Firearm: Something fun

Post by Spokane » Wed Oct 01, 2014 3:36 pm

Hey Dan I ordered one on 9/16. They emailed that they are "weeks" behind. I'll text you when it comes in.

thumpar wrote:Has anyone seen or used one of these? http://aliengearholsters.com/iwb-holste ... tband.html The price is pretty cheap but I am skeptic of the quality. The ad showed up on a website I was looking through.
“Conservatives divide the world in terms of good and evil while liberals do it in terms of rich and poor.” - Dennis Prager

thumpar
SGT Premium Supporter
Favorite Firearm: All of them
Next Firearm: The next good deal.

Post by thumpar » Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:01 pm

Spokane wrote:Hey Dan I ordered one on 9/16. They emailed that they are "weeks" behind. I'll text you when it comes in.

thumpar wrote:Has anyone seen or used one of these? http://aliengearholsters.com/iwb-holste ... tband.html The price is pretty cheap but I am skeptic of the quality. The ad showed up on a website I was looking through.
Great. Let me know what you think.
Why is there never enough time to do it right the first time, But always enough time to do it again? - Don S RIP
2/3rds of the worlds surface would be wasted if it wasn't for boating.

danno266
SGT Premium Supporter
Favorite Firearm: Pro CDP II
Next Firearm: SBR

Post by danno266 » Sun Oct 05, 2014 8:26 am

Here's a review on another forum that you might find of interest:
http://www.xdtalk.com/forums/xd-s-discu ... lster.html
Part of getting older is learning to focus on what matters and learning to not care about what doesn't.

Flawlessfoose
SGT Premium Supporter
State: Wa
Next Firearm: M134

Post by Flawlessfoose » Sun Oct 05, 2014 12:02 pm

To me, they seem like a really nice holster, especially for the money. I might just have to pick one up myself !
WARNING... SIGS ARE ADDICTIVE KEEP OUT OF REACH OF ADULTS .

Spokane
SGT Premium Supporter
Favorite Firearm: Savage .17 SS Bull
Next Firearm: Something fun

Post by Spokane » Tue Nov 04, 2014 3:18 pm

Finally arrived.
Ordered Sept. 16. Arrived Nov. 2 - you do the math :? . They did send four e-mails in that time-span that had no information other than they hadn't forgotten about me.

Anyway, I bought the $35.99 special and an extra $12.99 mold. Xd(s) and G19. $8.00 shipping from CDA. Pretty well made, well packaged, and a bag of extra hardware included. Really good instruction sheet and some stickers for my tool box.

More to come after a few days of riding along with me...

“Conservatives divide the world in terms of good and evil while liberals do it in terms of rich and poor.” - Dennis Prager

Tbrett
Favorite Firearm: Glock 19
Next Firearm: Sig sauer

Post by Tbrett » Sun Aug 06, 2017 6:54 am

These are top notch holsters mine have been threw the ringer carrying them everyday for over a year. There tough as nails and spread the weight of your pistol. Once you get used to it you won't even know they are there. Super comfortable, safe and customizable
PRAY FOR PEACE, PREPARE FOR WAR

480 Ruger
Accomplished Gun Trader
Favorite Firearm: M1A
Next Firearm: Socom 2

Post by 480 Ruger » Sun Aug 06, 2017 7:46 am

I carry a Glock 36 in one everyday. I have been carrying for at least 25 years and this is without a doubt the most comfortable IWB that I have ever tried. Prior to the Alien Gear I used a Cross Breed which I also highly recommend. The Alien Gear is well made, Great well thought materials and very comfortable. I will be ordering more for other handguns. BTW they sent the wrong shell for one of mine, a 5 minute phone call had the right one on the way that day and they told me just to keep the other one. Great customer service!! You can't go wrong with one of these!!
Rest easy, sleep well my brothers
Know the line has held,your job is done.
Rest easy, sleep well.
Others have taken up where you fell, the line has held.
Peace, peace and farewell

dillonivik
Serious Gun Trader
City: North Spokane
Favorite Firearm: SIG P238

Post by dillonivik » Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:33 am

I cannot recommend them enough, the product is great, also for us in Spokane theres no reason to order online. I walked in to the factory (old outlet malls at Post Falls), and in 20 min. I had a holster. I asked about this and they said they prioritize walk in customers. The people who work there were great to talk to and really know their stuff. Honestly Alien Gear is the only holster Im buying from here on out. They also sell really good looking belts and when you buy a holster they give you a discount on the belt.